- Volume 34 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Estimation of Contact Pressure of a Flat Wiper Blade by Dynamic Analysis
플랫 타입 와이퍼 블레이드의 동적 해석을 통한 누름압 예측
- Kim, Wook-Hyeon (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Ajou Univ.) ;
- Park, Tae-Won (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Ajou Univ.) ;
- Chai, Jang-Bom (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Ajou Univ.) ;
- Jung, Sung-Pil (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Ajou Univ.) ;
- Chung, Won-Sun (Korea Automotive Technology Institute)
- Received : 2009.11.24
- Accepted : 2010.05.27
- Published : 2010.07.01
The wiper system of a vehicle is important because it wipes the windshield, thereby enabling drivers to see through the windshield even under conditions of rain and snow. The blade is the key component of the wiper system because it wipes the windshield. When wiper-arm spring causes the blade to be pressed on the windshield optimum performance of wiping can be achieved when appropriate contact pressure is maintained. In this study, a dynamic analysis of the wiper system is carried out. A three-dimensional finite-element model of the wiper system is generated using SAMCEF, a commercial structural dynamic analysis program. The distribution of the contact pressure of the blade in its dynamic state is calculated. The simulation result is compared to the experiment result. Using the results of this study, the contact pressure of the blade can be estimated.
- Lee, B. S. and Shin. J. Y., 2006, "ContactPressure Analysis of a Windshield Wipe Rblade,"Trans. of KSAE, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 51-57.
- Yoon, Y. S. and Kim, C., 2006, "The CurveEquation of a Flat Wiper Spring Rail InducingUniformly Distributed Loads," Spring conferenceproc. by KSAE, Vol. 2, pp. 1303-1307.
- Choi, J. H., Choi, D. H., Suh, M. W. and Suh J.W., 1995, "Optimum Design of Wiper MechanismsConsisting of Two RSSR Mechanisms,"Journal of KSME, Vol. 19, No. 3 pp. 1573-1580.
- Kim, D. H., Park, S. H., Kim, Y. H. and Kim J.H., 2000, "Contact Pressure Measurement ofWindshield Wiper Blade using Piezoeletric Sensor,"Spring Conference proc. by KSAE, No. 2, pp.463-467.
- Rho, S. B., Lim, M. A., Park, J. K. and Son J.I., 1998, "The Characteristics of Wiper BladeRubber with Surface Treatments," Elastomer, Vol.33, No. 1, pp. 27-36.
- SAMCEF Field Online Help Version 6.3, 2008,Samtech Corporation.
- Kim, K. W. and Kim, N. W., 2006, "Pre- dictionof Strain Energy Function for Butyl Rubbers,"Journal of KSME(A), Vol. 30, No. 10, pp.1227-1234.
- Treloar, L. R. G. 1975, The Physics of RubberElasticity, 3rd Ed., Clarendon, Oxford.
- James E. Mark, Burak Erman and Frederick R.Eirch, 2001, Rubber Science and Technology, MRCMiraecom, pp. 13-14.
- Investigation of the contact force distribution and dynamic behaviour of an automobile windshield wiper blade system vol.227, pp.7, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1177/0954407012474136
- Clamping performance of fastener in windshield wiper assembly using theoretical and experimental methods vol.17, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12239-016-0009-x