- Volume 34 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Design of a Piezocomposite Generating Element and Its Characteristics
압전-복합재료 발전 소자의 설계 및 특성
- Tien, Minh Tri (Dept. of Advanced Technology Fusion, Konkuk Univ.) ;
- Kim, Jong-Hwa (Dept. of Advanced Technology Fusion, Konkuk Univ.) ;
- Goo, Nam-Seo (Dept. of Advanced Technology Fusion, Konkuk Univ.)
- Received : 2010.01.11
- Accepted : 2010.05.26
- Published : 2010.07.01
Unused energy derived from sources in nature can be captured and stored for future use, for example, to recharge a battery or power a device; this process of capturing and storing energy is called energy harvesting. Extensive investigations are being carried out in order to use piezoelectricity to harvest the energy generated by body movements or machine vibrations. This paper presents a simple analytical model that describes the output voltage effectiveness of a Piezocomposite Generating Element (PCGE) from vibration and its experimental verification. PCGE is composed of carbon/epoxy, PZT, and glass/epoxy layers. During the manufacturing process, the stacked layers were cured at
Energy Harvesting;Piezo-Composite Generating Element
Supported by : 국토해양부
- Jung, D.Y., Song, H.C. and Yoon, S.J., 2007,“Piezoelectric Energy Harvesting,” Bulletin ofKorean Institute of Electrical and ElectronicMaterial Engineers, Vol. 20, No. 12, pp.45-54.
- Kwak, M.K., Kim K.Y., Kang, H.Y. and Kim,N.S., 2008, “Development of Piezoelectric EnergyHarvesting Device,” Journal of the KoreanSociety for Precision Engineering, Vol. 25, No.4, pp. 32-38.
- Nam, Y.S., Park, J.S., Park, H.G. and Lee,J.K., 2008, “A Study on the Piezoelectric EnergyHarvesting Using SSHI Technique,” Journal ofthe Korean Society for Precision Engineering,Vol. 25, No. 6, pp. 92-98.
- Choi, B. and Lee W.H., 2008, “A Study on theEnergy Harvesting System Using PiezoelelctricDirect Effect of Piezo Film,” Journal of theKorean Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.25, No. 9, pp. 78-85.
- Yoon, K.J., Park, K.H., Lee, S., Goo, N.S. andPark, H.C., 2004, “Analytical Design Model for aPiezo-Composite Unimorph Actuator and ItsVerification Using Lightweight Piezo-CompositeCurved Actuator,” Smart Materials and Structures,Vol. 13, pp. 459-467. https://doi.org/10.1088/0964-1726/13/3/002
- Goo, N.S., Phan, V.P. and Yoon, K.J., 2009,“Actuation Displacement Performance Change ofPrestressed Piezoelectric Actuators Attached to aFlat Surface,” Smart Materials and Structures,Vol. 18, 037003 (5pp).
- ANSI/IEEE Std 176-1987, IEEE Standard on Piezoelectricity, 1987.
- Irving H. Shames and James M. Pitarresi,Introduction to Solid Mechanics, Prentice-Hall,1999.
- Krueger, H.H.A., 1968, "Stress Sensitivity ofPiezoelectric Ceramics: Part 3. Sensitivity toCompressive Stress Perpendicular to the PolarAxis," Jounral of the Acoustical Society ofAmerica, Vol. 43, pp. 583-591. https://doi.org/10.1121/1.1910870
- Analysis of Leak and Water Absorption Test Results for Water-Cooled Generator Stator Windings vol.7, pp.2, 2012, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2012.7.2.230
- Design of a d 33-mode piezocomposite electricity generating element and its application to bridge monitoring vol.21, pp.7, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11771-014-2214-y
- Design and performance evaluation of a d33-mode piezocomposite electricity generating element vol.28, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-013-0942-9
- Study on Piezoelectric Characteristics of Piezoelectric Paint Sensor According to Poling Time vol.38, pp.10, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2014.38.10.1069