- Volume 34 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Vibration Analysis of a Cooling Fan Gear Reducer of the Secondary Cooling Tower in HANARO
하나로 2차 냉각탑의 냉각팬 감속기의 진동분석
- Park, Young-Chul (Dev. of Research Reactor Engineering, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute)
- 박용철 (원자력(연) 연구로 공학부)
- Received : 2010.01.06
- Accepted : 2010.05.20
- Published : 2010.07.01
HANARO is an open-tank-in-pool-type Korean research reactor that generates 30MW of thermal power. It differs from power plant reactor in that the heat generated by HANARO is exhausted into the atmosphere through a secondary cooling tower, thus maintaining the core temperature constant. During every monthly inspection of the cooling tower, large vibrations that exceeded the permissible limit were observed at cooling fan gear reducer No. 4 of the cooling tower. The purpose of this study is to identify the origin of the large vibration and to repair it. FFT spectrum analysis is performed to identify the part that caused the large vibration. The results of the frequency analysis showed that the vibration frequency was 354 Hz, which is twice the natural frequency of the pinion gear. A check of the pinion gear revealed that there was a crack on the surface of the pinion gear. After the gear was replaced, the reducer operated normally.
HANARO;Cooling Tower;Gear Reducer;High Vibration Analysis
Supported by : 과학기술부
- Park, Y. C. and Wu, J. S., 1996, "SystemPerformance Test in HANARO," the Proceeding ofthe 5th ASRR Vol. 1, pp. 240-246.
- Park, Y. C., 2000, "Cooling Tower Capability Test Procedure," Periodic Inspection Procedure, HANTAP-05-RS-ROP-PI-34, KAERI.
- Park, Y. C., 1999, "Cooling Tower Inspection,"Periodic Inspection Procedure, HANTAP-05-RS-ROPPI-30, KAERI.
- Park, Y. C., et al., 2000, “Evaluation for the Cooling Capability of Secondary Cooling Tower in HANARO,”Proceeding of the KFMA Annual Meeting 2000, pp. 345-350.
- Park, Y. C., et al., 2007, "The Results of a SiteRepair after a High Vibration Trip of a SecondaryCooling Fan in HANARO," Transactions of theKorean Nuclear Society Spring Meeting.
- Park, Y. C., et al., 2007, "Cooling Tower Overhaulof Secondary Cooling System in HANARO,"Proceedings of the KSME 2007 Spring Meeting,pp.2714-2719.
- PRUFTECHNIK, "VIBXPERT, FFT Data Collector& Signal Analyzer," Instruction Manual.
- Park, Y. C., 2009, "Technical Specification forRepair of Cooling Tower in HANARO," HAN-SEDD-SP-711-09-001, KAERI.
- Marley, "Field Repair Instruction Manual of Series22.2 &22.3, Gear Reducer" p.7.