- Volume 34 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Shock-Absorbing Performance of Three-Different Types of Bicycle Suspension Systems
자전거에서 서스펜션 종류에 따른 인체영향 시뮬레이션
- Chung, Kyung-Ryul (Wellness Technology Center, Korea Institute of Industrial Technology) ;
- Hyeong, Joon-Ho (Wellness Technology Center, Korea Institute of Industrial Technology) ;
- Kim, Sa-Yup (Wellness Technology Center, Korea Institute of Industrial Technology)
- Received : 2010.01.07
- Accepted : 2010.05.11
- Published : 2010.07.01
In this study, a front suspension system, which is mounted on the handle itself, was suggested because of its light weight and cost efficiency. The shock absorption was evaluated for the three types of suspension models; non-suspension, suspension on front forks (existing model), and suspension on handle (suggested model). The human body model was used for performing impact simulation for comparing the shock absorption for the suspension models. The result of the simulation shows that shock absorption for the proposed suspension model was not as good as that for the front fork suspension model. Nevertheless, the shock absorption observed for the proposed suspension model was significant when compared to the non-suspension model. Consequently, the proposed suspension model could be applied to lightweight bicycles.
Bicycle Suspension;Human Vibration;Human Model Simulation
- Song, J.K, Shin, J.C. and Lee, C.W., 2002,"Experimental Analysis of Tilt Stability in Bicycling,"Proceedings of the KSNVE Annual spring conference,pp.604-609.
- Park Y.H. and Cheung W.S., 2001, "ExperimentalInvestigation on the Transmission of Seat Vibration tothe Head for Korean Seated Postures," Proceedings ofthe KSNVE 10th Anniversary conference, pp.138-143.
- Pritlove, J., Reid, M. J., Lee, A. and D. G. E.,Robertson, 1997, "Comparison of Suspension andNon-Suspension Front Forks on Mountain Bikes,"Proc. of NACOB III.
- Chung, K. R., Hyeong, J. H. and Kim, S. Y.,2009, "The Study on the Influences of VibrationAssociated with Cycling on the Human Body"KSNVE Annual spring conference, pp.643-646.
- Myeong, S. S., 2009, "Human VibrationCharacteristics Analyze Using Virtual Human Modeland Vehicle Dynamics," Proceedings of the KSNVEAnnual spring conference, pp.234-236.
- Woo, C.K., Cheung, W.C., Kim, S.H. and Kwak,Y.K., 1996, "Survey on the Vibration TrasferCharaceristics of the Human Body VibrationMedels," Proceedings of the KSNVE Annual springConference, pp.29-33.