- Volume 19 Issue 3
The purpose of this study is to compare the relative growth of annual ring width of red pine(Pinus densiflora), black pine(Pinus thunbergii) and pitch pine(Pinus rigida) by means of multiple regression method according to Graybill hypothesis. The obtained results are as follows. 1. The changes of rainfall have affected to tree growth during the periods of 1975 through 1978. 2. Among these pine trees, red pine was mostly influenced by environmental factors. 3. The growth of annual ring width was sensitively responded to the changes of rainfall and air temperature. 4. Among the heavy metals analyzed, the concentrations(ppm) of Lead(Pb) and Copper(Cu) were negatively effected on the growth of annual ring width of pine trees. 5. The analytical technique of annual ring width may be useful for estimation of the pollution in forest areas near industrial complexes.
Annual Ring width;Multiple regression method;Heavy metal
- 김선희, 1992, 울산공단지역의 식물군집 구조분석과 환경림 조성기법에 관한 연구, 석사학위논문, 조경학과, 서울시립대학교, 서울.
- 김태욱, 이경재, 김준선, 1985, 여천공업단지의 대기오염이 곰솔에 미치는 영향, 한국대기보전학회지, 1(1), 25-32.
- 유광식, 1985, 울산지역 도로변의 아카시아와 토양에 포함된 금속성분 함량에 관한 연구, UOU Report, 16(2), 321-322.
- 이경재, 우종서, 배정오, 고강석, 1990, 울산공단지역에서의 대기오염이 삼림에 미치는 영향(I), 한국대기보전학회지, 6(1), 103-110.
- Cutter, B. E., Guyette, R. P., 1993, Anatomical, Chemical Factors Affecting Tree Species Choice in Dendrochemistry Studies, J. Environ. Qual., 22, 612.
- Douglass, A. E., 1929, The secret of the Southwest solved by talkative tree rings, National Geographic Magazine, 56(6), 736-770.
- Fritts, H. C., 1996, Growth-Ring of Trees, Their Correlation with Climate, Science, 154, 973-979. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.154.3752.973
- Innes, J. L., Cook, E. R., 1989, Tree-ring analysis as an aid to evaluating the effects of pollution on tree growth, Can. J. For. Res., 19, 1175. https://doi.org/10.1139/x89-177
- Schweingruber, F. H., 1988, Tree Rings, Basics and Applications of Dendrochronology, D. Reidel Pub. Co., 276.
- Song, Y. J., 2009, Estimation of the effect of air pollu-tants on tree ring growth in black pines(Pinus thunbergii), J. Ecol. Field Biol., 32(2), 109-113. https://doi.org/10.5141/JEFB.2009.32.2.109
- Yim, Y. J., 1975, Distribution of forest vegetation and climate in Korean Peninsula. I. Distribution of some indices of thermal climate, Jap. J. Ecology, 25(2), 77-88.