- Volume 43 Issue 2
CuSnZn electroplating was investigated as alternative to Ni plating. Evaluation of electrolyte and plating process was performed to control physical characteristics of the film, and to collect practical data for application. Hull-cell test was conducted for basic comparison of two commercialized products and developed product. Based on hull-cell test results, long term test of three electrolytes was performed. Various analysis on long term tested electrolyte and samples have been done. Reliable and practical data was collected using FE-SEM (FEI, Sirion), EDX (ThermoNoran SIX-200E), ICP Spectrometer (GBC Scientifi c, Integra XL), FIB (FEI, Nova600) for anlysis. Physical analysis and reliability test of the long term tested film were also carried out. Through this investigation plating time, plating speed, electrolyte composition, electrolyte metal consumption, hardness and corrosion resistance has been compared. This set of data is used to predict and control the chemical composition of the film and modify the physical characteristics of the CuSnZn alloy.
CuSnZn;Alloy plating;CuSn Alloys;Electroplating;Loading test
- N. A. Badarulzaman, Hariyanti, A. A. Mohamad, S. Purwadaria, Z. A. Ahmad, M. Des. Eng.
- H. E. Xin-kuai, T. Non. Met. Soc. China, 16 (2006) 223. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1003-6326(06)60039-3
- Electrochemical Book, Chapter. 4-11, (2009) 1-63 (at 40).
- H. K. Lee, J. Y. Hur, J. M. Jeon, S. Y. Moon, Report on the Status of Cleaner Production Technology Development Program 2 (2009) 8.
- B. Subramanian, S. Mohan, S. Jayakrishnan, Sur. Coat. Tech. 201 (2006) 1145. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.surfcoat.2006.01.042
- C. Vilarinho, D. Soares, F. Castro, J. All. Comp. 379 (2004) 161. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jallcom.2004.02.020
- G. Rozvskis, Z. Mockus, V. Pautieniene, A. Survila, EC. Com. 4 (2002) 76.
- R. Balaji, M. Pushpavanam, L. Y. Kumar, L. Subramanian, Sur. Coat. Tech. 201 (2006) 3205. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.surfcoat.2006.06.039
- Bekir Sadik Unlu, J. All. Comp. 486 (2009) 262.
- A. Afshar, M. Ghorbani, M. Mazaheri, Sur. Coat. Tech. 187 (2004) 293. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.surfcoat.2004.04.096
- Henry Strow, E. Plat., 1 (1978) 206.
- F. Moller, B. Frankenforst, H. Groschopp, D. Holthausen, R. Wagenknecht, United States Patent Office, July 8 (1969) 1.
- Stanley Hirsch, I. Plat., 1, 436-439.
- N. V. Mandich, HBM EC. & Eng., June (2003) 97.
- H. K. Ping, S. W. Bao, W. J. Kui, L. Qin, F. J. Li, M. Finish, November (1997) 54.
- L. B. Wang, S. Kitamura, K. Obata, S. Tanase, T. Sakai, J. Pow. Sour. 141 (2005) 286. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2004.10.006