- Volume 23 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Determination of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in processed foods
가공식품 중 다환방향족탄화수소 분석
- Hu, Soo-Jung (Food Safety Evaluation Department, National Institute of Food and Drug Safety Evaluation) ;
- Jin, Sun-Hee (Food Safety Evaluation Department, National Institute of Food and Drug Safety Evaluation) ;
- Lee, Kwang-Ho (Food Safety Evaluation Department, National Institute of Food and Drug Safety Evaluation) ;
- Choi, Dong-Mi (Food Safety Evaluation Department, National Institute of Food and Drug Safety Evaluation)
- 허수정 (식품의약품안전평가원 식품위해평가부) ;
- 진선희 (식품의약품안전평가원 식품위해평가부) ;
- 이광호 (식품의약품안전평가원 식품위해평가부) ;
- 최동미 (식품의약품안전평가원 식품위해평가부)
- Received : 2010.01.07
- Accepted : 2010.03.02
- Published : 2010.04.25
In this study, the following concentrations of some PAHs (Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons) were investigated; [benzo(a)anthracene, chrysene, benzo(b)fluoranthene, benzo(k)fluoranthene, benzo(a)pyrene, dibenzo(a,h)anthracene, benzo(g,h,i)perylene, indeno(1,2,3-c,d)pyrene] in processed foods (n=165) and cooked meats (n=45) and established the analytical method by characteristics of processed foods. The methodology involved extraction (alkali digestion, liquid-liquid extraction, microwave extraction), clean-up on Sep-Pak Florisil Cartridges and determination by HPLC/FLD (High Performance Liquid Chromatography/Fluorescence Detector). The recovery of overall method for 8 PAHs spiked into these products ranged from 92 to 103%. The mean level of detected foods was found to be benzo(b)fluoranthene
Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons;benzo(a)pyrene;processed food;HPLC/FLD
- Joint FAO/WHO Expert Committee on Food Additives(FECFA),ALINORM 08/31/41 APPENDI.
- C. Smith, T. Perfetti, M. Rumple, A. Rodgman, D. Doolittle, Food Chem. Toxicol., 38, 371-386(2000). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0278-6915(99)00156-8
- IARC Monographs on the evaluation of carcinogenic risks to humans, 92, 2006.
- Reports on tasks for scientific cooperation, Report of participating in Task 3.2.12 October 2004.
- W. D. Miller, Fleischwirtschaft, 71, 61-67(1991).
- P. Karl, E. Gertrud, Fleischwitschaft, 66, 1261-1268(1986).
- H. G. Kang, M. S. Lee, K. H. Lee, C. H. Kim, KOREAN J. Food SCI. ANI. RESOUR., 18(1), 42-49(1998).
- H. G. Kang, K. H. Lee, H. S. Hong, S. J. Park, C. H. Kim, KOREAN J. FOOD SCI. ANI. RESOUR., 18(3), 203-208(1998).
- 보건복지부, 제3기 국민건강영양조사, 2006.
- Commission. Directive 2005/10/EC of 4 February 2005.
- U.S. EPA, U.S. EPA Method TO-13A Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons, 1999.
- A. V. T. Silvia, F. T. Cecilia, Food Control, 18, 948-952(2007). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodcont.2006.05.012
- K. Noaya, W. Mitsuhiro, K. Naotaka, A. Syuzo, N. Kenichiro, Journal of Chromatography B, 789, 257-264(2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S1570-0232(03)00066-7
- L. Daohui, J. Youying, Z. Lizhong, Food and Chemical Toxicology, 43, 41-48(2005). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fct.2004.08.010
- H. P. David, Mutation Research, 443, 139-149(1999). https://doi.org/10.1016/S1383-5742(99)00016-2
- Report on for scientific cooperation, Report of experts participating in Task 3.2.12, October 2004.
- Study on analysis of PAHs in consumer products vol.27, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5806/AST.2014.27.4.201
- Analysis of benzo[a]pyrene content from smoked food products in Korea vol.21, pp.4, 2012, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10068-012-0142-x
- Analysis of Benzo[a]pyrene Content and Risk Assessment vol.31, pp.6, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2011.31.6.960