- Volume 23 Issue 2
The purpose of this study is to examine Hangul signature changes of writers under the influence of alcohol using Scale for Handwriting Identification (SHWI). It has been recognized that handwriting is influenced by alcohol. However, in Korea, there has been no study which examined the handwriting changes after drinking alcohol. This study confirmed the differences between signatures in sobriety at police station (SIS) and signatures under the influence of alcohol at sobriety checkpoint (S-UIA) by analyzing the Hangul signature of 30 persons. The comparative characteristics are size, space, omission, writing order, connection. The changes of more than one characteristic were observed among the 27 out of 30 persons. Three of 30 persons did not show any change between S-IS and S-UIA.
handwriting identification;document examination;hangul signature under influence of alcohol
- Ron Morris, 'Forensic Handwriting Identification -Fundamental concepts and principles -', 165. Academic Press. U.S.A., 2000.
- 김정호, 위조범죄와 문서감정, 박문각, 한국, 166 (1996).
- David Ellen, "Scientific Examination of Documents -methods and techniques -", 3rd Ed., 40, CRC Press, U.S.A., 2006.
- David E. Newton, 'Forensic Chemistry', 69, Facts on File Inc., U.S.A., 2007.
- 박성우, 홍성욱 역 (Richard Saferstein 저), 수사와 과학 -법과학에 대한 소개 -, 한림원, 268(2005).
- 장성길, 김영운, 민지숙, 오세진, 권오성, 이은경, 박성우, 국립과학수사연구소연보 30, 553(1998).
- Jan Seaman Kelly and Brian S. Lindblom, "Scientific Examination of Questioned Documents", 2nd Ed. 83-85, CRC Press, U.S.A., 2006.
- Katherine M. Koppenhaver, "Forensic Document Examination -principles and practice-", 91, Humana Press, U.S.A., 2007.
- Andre A. Moenssens, Fred E. Inbau and James E. Starrs, "Scientific Evidence in Civil and Criminal cases". 3rd Ed. 568, The Foundation Press Inc. U.S.A., 1986.
- Faruk Ascioglu, Nurten Turan, Forensic Science International 132, 201-210(2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0379-0738(03)00020-3
- James G. Phillips, Rowan P. Ogeil, Friedemann Mller, Human Movement Science 28, 619-632(2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.humov.2009.01.006
- Oliver Tucha, Susanne Walitza, Lara Mecklinger, Dorota Stasik, Thomas-A. Sontag, Klaus W. Lange, Human Movement Science 25, 523-535(2006). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.humov.2006.06.001
- Katrin Franke, Lambert Schomaker, Christian Veenhuis, WANDA: A Generic Framework applied in Forensic Handwriting Analysis and Writer Identification, Hybrid intelligent systems; Design and application 2003, 927-938(2003).
- 노승찬, 황윤준, 김정호, 전충현, 박성우, Korean Journal of Scientific Criminal Investigation 3(2), 153-160(2009).
- EMP. Widmark, "Principles and Applications of Medico-legal Alcohol Determination", 107-108, Biomedical Publications, Davis, U.S.A., 1981.
- A study on shape changes of hangul signature under the influence of alcohol vol.23, pp.6, 2010, https://doi.org/10.5806/AST.2010.23.6.607