- Volume 23 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Comparison of three analytical methods for PCBs-containing liquid wastes
폴리염화비페닐류 함유 액상폐기물 시험방법별 분석결과 비교
- Received : 2010.04.07
- Accepted : 2010.05.03
- Published : 2010.06.25
This study was performed to compare the analytical results among L2000DX and two GC/ECD methods (rapid and conventional). 15 samples of transformer oils were collected to compare the analytical results. In the analytical results of PCBs-containing transformer oil, the PCBs concentrations were in the range of 4.4 mg/L to 182.8 mg/L with L2000DX, N.D. to 14.63 mg/L with conventional GC/ECD, and N.D. to 13.03 mg/L using rapid GC/ECD. The PCB concentrations detected with the L2000DX showed a large difference to those detected with GC/ECD methods. Otherwise, little difference was shown between the two GC/ECD methods at a concentration range lower than 4 mg/L, although the rapid GC/ECD method tended to detect a slightly lower concentration near the regulation criteria of Korea for 2 mg/L.
- UNEP Chemical, "PCB Transformers and Capacitors, From Management to Reclassification and Disposal", 2002.
- United Nations Environment Programme, "Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs)" (http://www.pops.int).
- UNEP Chemical, "Regionally based assessment of persistent toxic substances", Global Report, 2003.
- US EPA, "Guidance on choosing a sampling design for environmental data collection", EPA/240/R-02/005, 2002.
- M. D. Erickon, "Analytical Chemistry of PCBs", Lewis Publishers, New York, 1997.
- V. den Berg, M. Birnbaum and A. Bosabel, Environ. Health Persp., 106(12), 775-792(1998). https://doi.org/10.1289/ehp.98106775
- 국립환경연구원, "폴리염화비페닐류(PCBs) 함유 폐기물의 적정관리방안에 관한 연구", 2003.
- 국립환경과학원, "PCBs 업무편람", 2008.
- 환경부, "PCBs 함유 폐기물 간이방법 적용 및 운영 지침", 2007.
- 환경부, "폐기물관리법".
- L2000DX User's Manual Version 1.24 Rev 4. (http:// www.dexsil.com), 2006.
- 환경부, "폐기물공정시험방법", 2008.
- S. K Shin, T. W. Jeon, J. K. Yoon, T. S. Kim, G. J. Oh, Y. S. Kim and K. S. Kim, Anal. Sci. Technol. 21(3), 174-182(2008).