- Volume 23 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Analytical method of phthalates in children's products
어린이 용품 중 프탈레이트류 함유량 및 전이량 분석방법 고찰
- Kang, Young-Yeul (National Institute of Environmental Research, Environmental Health Research Department) ;
- Shin, Sun-Kyoung (National Institute of Environmental Research, Environmental Resources Research Department, Resource Recirculation Research Division) ;
- Park, Jin-Soo (National Institute of Environmental Research, Environmental Health Research Department) ;
- Kim, Woo-Il (National Institute of Environmental Research, Environmental Health Research Department) ;
- Chun, Jin-Won (National Institute of Environmental Research, Environmental Health Research Department) ;
- Heo, Hwa-Jin (National Institute of Environmental Research, Environmental Health Research Department) ;
- Koo, So-Hyun (National Institute of Environmental Research, Environmental Health Research Department)
- 강영렬 (국립환경과학원 화학물질연구과) ;
- 신선경 (국립환경과학원 자원순환연구과) ;
- 박진수 (국립환경과학원 화학물질연구과) ;
- 김우일 (국립환경과학원 화학물질연구과) ;
- 전진원 (국립환경과학원 화학물질연구과) ;
- 허화진 (국립환경과학원 화학물질연구과) ;
- 구소현 (국립환경과학원 화학물질연구과)
- Received : 2010.02.09
- Accepted : 2010.06.08
- Published : 2010.08.25
Phthalate plasticizer is not human carcinogens which has been classified as environmentally hazardous substance. Phthalates are absorbed into the body and cause tumors and ecological mutation to human potentially as reproductive toxic substances. For this reason, in some countries the use of phthalates in products for children has been banned. In this study, we proposed the analytical method of phthalate content and migration rate for children's product which was compared and reviewed to the analytical method of various countries, United States, Japan, European Union. The children's product on the proposed analytical method was analysed to consider of the correlation between the phthalate content and migration rate, but there was no correlation both of them.
- http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/sectors/toys/documents/directives/, EU, Toys Safety Directive 88/368/EEC, 1988.
- http://europa.eu/legislation_summaries/consumers/consumer_safety/l32033_en.htm, EU, Directive 2005/84/EEC, 2005.
- 'Standard Consumer Safety Specification for Toy Safety, ASTM F 963', ASTM International, United states, 2003.
- 환경보건법 제 24조.
- '합성수지 중의 프탈레이트계 가소제 검출방법, KS M 1991', 지식경제부 기술표준원, 한국, 2008.
- 'Recommended Practice for Extraction and Determination of Plasticizer Mixtures from Vinyl Chloride Plastics, ASTM D 3421-75', ASTM International, United states, 1987.
- Shin-Bong Chen, 'The Risk of Chronic Toxicity Associated with Exposure to Diisononyl Phthalate (DINP) in Children's Products. [Appendix A] Migration of DINP from PVC Children's Products', US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), United states, 1998.
- 'Child use and care articles-Cutlery and feeding utensils-Safety requirements and tests, EN 14372', European standard, EU, 2004.
- 'Product safety reference maunal', Part B : Test methods section, Method C-34, Determination of phthalates in polyvinyl chloride consumer products', Book 5, 1-16, Health Canada, Canada, 2006.
- 'Toy Safety Standard, ST 2002', The Japan Toy Association, Japan, 2002.
- 'Test method : CPSC-CH-1001-09.1, Standard operating procedure for determination of phthalates', US Consumer Product Safety Commission, United states, 2009.
- 'Standard Operation Procedure for the Determination of Release of Di-Isononylphthalate(DINP) in Saliva Simulant from Toys and Childcare Articles using a Head Over Heels Dynamic Agitation Device, EUR 19899 EN', EU Joint Research Centre(JRC), EU, 2001.
- 'Test of Toys for Presence of Chemical Compounds', Danish Teknological Institute(DTI), Denmark, 2004.
- AG Oomen, CHM Versantvoort, MR Duits, E van de Kamp, K van Twillert, 'RIVM report 320102003/2004, Application of in vitro digestion models to assess release of lead and phthalate from toy matrices and azo dyes from textile', National Institute for Public Health and the Environment(RIVM), Netherland, 2004.
- 이동진, 황종연, 노회정, 최훈근, 최현진, 박종일, 오소린, 허화진, 김학주, 성창호, 이상희, 정다위, 김종성, 김만영, 김예신, 이용주, 조훈식, '유해물질 함유 어린이용품의 위해성 평가기법 정립과 관리방안 수립(I)', 국립환경과학원, 한국, 2007.
- Study on verification of various national standards regarding phthalate testing in industrial products vol.25, pp.3, 2012, https://doi.org/10.5806/AST.2012.25.3.178