- Volume 11 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Satellite Attitude Control with a Modified Iterative Learning Law for the Decrease in the Effectiveness of the Actuator
- Lee, Ho-Jin (School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Seoul National University) ;
- Kim, You-Dan (School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Seoul National University) ;
- Kim, Hee-Seob (Korea Aerospace Research Institute)
- Received : 2010.01.11
- Accepted : 2010.02.15
- Published : 2010.06.15
A fault tolerant satellite attitude control scheme with a modified iterative learning law is proposed for dealing with actuator faults. The actuator fault is modeled to reflect the degradation of actuation effectiveness, and the solar array-induced disturbance is considered as an external disturbance. To estimate the magnitudes of the actuator fault and the external disturbance, a modified iterative learning law using only the information associated with the state error is applied. Stability analysis is performed to obtain the gain matrices of the modified iterative learning law using the Lyapunov theorem. The proposed fault tolerant control scheme is applied to the rest-to-rest maneuver of a large satellite system, and numerical simulations are performed to verify the performance of the proposed scheme.
Supported by : Korea Aerospace Research Institute (KARI)
- Chen, W. and Saif, M. (2001). An iterative learning observerbased approach to fault detection and accomodation in nonlinear systems. Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Orlando, FL. pp. 4469-4474.
- Chen, W. and Saif, M. (2007). Observer-based fault diagnosis of satellite systems subject to time-varying thruster faults. Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, Transactions of the ASME, 129, 352-356. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2719773
- Chobotov, V. A. (1991). Spacecraft Attitude Dynamics and Control. Original ed. Malabar, FL: Krieger.
- Henry, D. (2008). Fault diagnosis of microscope satellite thrusters using H-infinity/H_filters. Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, 31, 699-711. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.31003
- Jiang, T., Khorasani, K., and Tafazoli, S. (2008). Parameter estimation-based fault detection, isolation and recovery for nonlinear satellite models. IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 16, 799-808. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCST.2007.906317
- Junkins, J. L. and Kim, Y. (1993). Introduction to Dynamics and Control of Flexible Structures. Washington, DC: American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics.
- Talebi, H. A. and Patel, R. V. (2006). An intelligent fault detection and recovery scheme for reaction wheel actuator of satellite attitude control systems. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Control Applications, Munich, Germany. pp. 3282-3287. https://doi.org/10.1109/CACSD-CCA-ISIC.2006.4777164
- Tehrani, E. S., Khorasani, K., and Tafazoli, S. (2005). Dynamic neural network-based estimator for fault diagnosis in reaction wheel actuator of satellite attitude control system. Proceedings of the International Joint Conference on Neural Networks, Montreal, QC. pp. 2347-2352. https://doi.org/10.1109/IJCNN.2005.1556268
- Thienel, J. K. and Sanner, R. M. (2007). Hubble space telescope angular velocity estimation during the robotic servicing mission. Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, 30, 29-34. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.20591
- Wie, B., Liu, Q., and Bauer, F. (1993). Classical and robust H(infinity) control redesign for the hubble space telescope. Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, 16, 1069-1077. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.21129
- Wu, Q. and Saif, M. (2005). Robust fault diagnosis for a satellite system using a neural sliding mode observer. Proceedings of the 44th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, and the European Control Conference, CDC-ECC ‘05, Seville, Spain. pp. 7668-7673.
- Yan, X. G., Wang, J. J., Lu, X. Y., and Zhang, S. Y. (1998). Decentralized output feedback robust stabilization for a class of nonlinear interconnected systems with similarity. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 43, 294-299. https://doi.org/10.1109/9.661085
- Aerodynamic Decoupled FDI for Frequency Faults in Earth Satellite Engines vol.45, pp.20, 2012, https://doi.org/10.3182/20120829-3-MX-2028.00178
- A new aerodynamic decoupled frequential FDIR methodology for satellite actuator faults vol.28, pp.9, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1002/acs.2379
- Uncertainty decomposition-based fault-tolerant adaptive control of flexible spacecraft vol.51, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1109/TAES.2014.130032