- Volume 23 Issue 1
Missing values for unit root processes are imputed by the most recent observations. Treating the imputed observations as if they are complete ones, semiparametric unit root tests are extended to missing value situations. Also, an invariance principle for the partial sum process of the imputed observations is established under some mild conditions, which shows that the extended tests have the same limiting null distributions as those based on complete observations. The proposed tests are illustrated by analyzing an unequally spaced real data set.
High frequency data;invariance principle;missing value imputation;semiparametric unit root test
- Billingsley, P. (1968). Convergence of Probability Measures, John Wiley & Sons, New York.
- Fuller, W. A. (1996). Introduction to Statistical Time Series, 2nd ed. John Wiley & Sons, New York.
- Herrndorf, N. (1984). A functional central limit theorem for weakly dependent sequences of random variables, Annals of Probability, 12, 141-153. https://doi.org/10.1214/aop/1176993379
- Kwiatkowski, D., Phillips, P. C. B., Schmidt, P. and Shin, Y. (1992). Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root: How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?, Journal of Econometrics, 54, 159-178. https://doi.org/10.1016/0304-4076(92)90104-Y
- Little, R. J. and Rubin, D. B. (2002). Statistical Analysis with Missing Data, John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, New Jersey, USA.
- Phillips, P. C. B. (1987). Time series regression with a unit root, Econometrica, 55, 277-301. https://doi.org/10.2307/1913237
- Phillips, P. C. B. and Perron, P. (1988). Testing for a unit root in time series regression, Biometrika, 75, 335-346. https://doi.org/10.1093/biomet/75.2.335
- Shin, D. W. (2008). Estimation of the long-run covariance matrix for unequally spaced nonstationary time series, Unpublished manuscript, Ewha University, Korea.
- Shin, D. W. and Sarkar, S. (1996). Testing for a unit root in an AR(1) time series using irregularly observed data, Journal of Time Series Analysis, 17, 309-321. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-9892.1996.tb00278.x
- Shin, D. W. and Sarkar, S. (1998). Testing for a unit root in autoregressive moving-average models with missing Data, Journal of Time Series Analysis, 19, 601-608. https://doi.org/10.1111/1467-9892.00111
- Shreve, S. E. (2004). Stochastic Calculus for Finance II: Continuous-Time Models, Springer.
- Tsay, R. S. (2005). Analysis of Financial Time Series, 2nd ed., John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, New Jersey.
- Market Microstructure Noise and Optimal Sampling Frequencies for the Realized Variances of Stock Prices of Four Leading Korean Companies vol.25, pp.1, 2012, https://doi.org/10.5351/KJAS.2012.25.1.015