- Volume 23 Issue 3
Isogeometric Shape Design Optimization of Structures under Stress Constraints
응력 제한조건을 갖는 구조물의 아이소-지오메트릭 형상 최적설계
- Received : 2010.07.19
- Accepted : 2010.04.29
- Published : 2010.06.30
In this paper, the design optimization of structures with stress constraints is performed using isogeometric shape optimization method. The stress constraints have an important role in design optimization problems since stress concentration could result in structural failure. To represent exact geometry in analysis, the isogeometric analysis method uses the same basis functions as used in the CAD geometry. The geometrically exact model can be used in both stress and design sensitivity analyses so that it can yield more precise optimal design than finite element one. Through numerical examples, the isogeometric approach turns out to be effective in shape optimization problems under stress constraints.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- 하승현, 조선호 (2007) 등기하 해석법을 이용한 설계민감도 해석, 한국전산구조공학회 논문집, 20(3), pp.339-345.
- Cho, M., Roh, H.Y. (2003) Development of Geometrically Exact New Shell Elements Based on General Curvininear Coordinates, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, 56(1), pp.81-115. https://doi.org/10.1002/nme.546
- Cho, S., Ha, S.H. (2009) Isogeometric Shape Design Optimization: Exact Geometry and Enhanced Sensitivity, Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, 38(1), pp.53-70. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00158-008-0266-z
- Choi K.K., Haug E.J., Komkov V. (1986) Design Sensitivity Analysis of Structural Systems, Academic Press, New York.
- Hughes, T.J.R., Cottrell, J.A., Bazileves, Y. (2005) Isogeometric Analysis: CAD, Finite Elements, NURBS, Exact Geometry and Mesh Refinement, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 194, pp.4135-4195. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cma.2004.10.008
- Piegl, L., Tiller, W. (1997) The NURBS Book (Monographs in Visual Communication), Second ed., Springer-Verlag, New York.
- Roh, H.Y., Cho, M. (2004) The Application of Geometrically Exact Shell Elements to B-Spline Surfaces, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 193, pp.2261-2299. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cma.2004.01.019
- Roh, H.Y., Cho, M. (2005) Integration of Geometric Design and Mechanical Analysis Using B-Spline Functions on Surface, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, 62(14), pp.1927-1949. https://doi.org/10.1002/nme.1254
- Vanderplaats, G.N., Thomas, H.L. (1993) An Improved Approximation for Stress Constraints in Plate Structures, Structural Optimization, 6(1), pp.1-6. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01743168