- Volume 10 Issue 2
Relation between food pattern and self-recognition of major oral disease on the Korean adults
한국성인의 식사패턴과 본인이 인지한 양대 구강병과의 관련성 연구
- Choi, Jeong-Hee (Dept. of Dental Hygiene, Gwangyang health College) ;
- Lee, Sung-Lym (Dept. of Dental Hygiene, Gwangyang health College)
- Received : 2010.02.25
- Accepted : 2010.04.25
- Published : 2010.04.30
Objectives : Targeting Korean adults, the food pattern are grasped. And, its correlation with oral disease is analyzed. In order to offer basic data to developing the nutritional policy and nutritional program for the future prevention from oral disease, a research was conducted by utilizing the Korean National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 2005(the 3rd term). Methods : The subjects in this study were 6,526 adults in more than fully 19 years among 9,047 persons who participated in the food intake survey out of those who completed the health interview survey. The statistical analysis was analyzed by using SPSS 12.0 program. Results : 1. As a result of Group Analyzing was indicated to dangerous-type food pattern and protection-type food pattern. 2. As a result of analyzing the answers for having dental caries in the annually personal recognition was indicated to be high in the dangerous-type food pattern, and had not the statistically significant difference. 3. As a result of analyzing the answers for having periodontal disease in the annually personal recognition was indicated to be high in the dangerous-type food pattern, and had the statistically significant difference(p<0.05). 4. As a result of analyzing the food pattern factors that have influence upon both major oral illnesses in the annually personal recognition, the person, who has the dangerous-type food pattern, had high risk level of the periodontal disease in the annually personal recognition. Conclusions : In the above results, as a result of surveying and analyzing importance of the food pattern in the incidence of both major oral illnesses, it is considered that there will be necessity of continuing to research into developing the nutritional policy and nutritional program in order to prevent oral illness in the future.
- 문수재. 한국인의 영양문제. 한국영양학회지 1996;29(4):317.
- 박명윤. 우리나라 식생활 변천과 건강대책. 한국영양학회지 1988;21(3):146.
- 박정한. 우리나라 국민건강수준의 평가. 대한보건협회지 1996;22(1):5.
- 보건복지부. 1995년 국민영양조사보고서.1997.
- Huh KB. The present of nutritionrelated diseases and its countermeasures. Korean J Nutr 1990;23:197-207.
- Hu FB. Dietary pattern analysis: a new direction in nutritional epidemiology. Curr Opin Lipidol 2001;13:3-9.
- Knat AK. Dietary patterns and health outcomes. J Am Diet Assoc 2004;104 :615-635. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jada.2004.01.010
- Hu FB, Rimm EB. Prospective study of major dietary patterns and risk of coronary heart disease in men. Am J Clin Nutr 2000;72:912-921.
- 9. Newby PK, Tucker KL. Empirically derived eating patterns using factor or cluster analysis: A review. Nutr Rev 2004;62(5):177-203.
- Schwerin HS, Stanton JL, Riley AM. Food eating patterns and health: a reexamination of the Ten-State and HANES I surveys. AM J Clin Nutr 1981;34:568-580.
- Schwerin HS, Stanton JL, Riley AM. Food eating patterns and health: a further examination of the relationship between food eating patterns and nutritional health. Am J Clin Nutr 1982;35:1319-1325.
- Haines PS, Siega-RKR AM, Popkin BM. The diet quality index revised: a measurement instrument for population. J Am Diet Assoc 1999;99(6):697-704. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0002-8223(99)00168-6
- Brandstetter BR, Korfimann A, Kroke A. Dietary Habits in the German EPIC Cohort: Food group intake estimated with the food frequency questionnaire. Ann Nutr Metal 1999;43:246-257. https://doi.org/10.1159/000012791
- Togo P, Osler M, Serensen TIA. Food intake patterns an body mass index in observational studies. Int J Obes 2001;25:1741-1751. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.ijo.0801819
- Slattery ML, Boucher Km, Caan BJ. Eating patterns and risk of colon cancer. Am J Epidemidol 1998;148:4-16.
- 보건복지부. 질병관리부. 국민건강영양조사 제 3기.
- Recommendeded dietary allowances for Koreans, 7th revision. The Korean Nutrition Society, Seoul. 2000.
- 정채욱. 청소년들의 식이섭취 형태와 치아우식증 발생과의 관련성. 경북대학교 박사학위논문 2008.
- 김화영, 강명희, 조미숙. 영양상태판정. 신광출판사 2003.
- 박광균, 김영진, 박영민, 정원윤. 치과영양학.제2판, 대한나래출판사 2007;56-57.
- Navia JM. Carbohydrates and dental health. Am J Clin Nutr 1994;59(Suppl 3S):519S-572S.
- Burt BA. Relative consumption of sucrose and other sugars: has it been a factor in reduced caries experience? Caries Res 1993;27(Suppl 1):56-63.
- International Association of Dental Research (IADR). Proceeding of the scientific consensus conference on methods for the assessnent of the cariogenic potential of food, 1986.
- Burt BA, Pai S. Sugar consumption and caries risk: a systematic review. J Dent Educ 2001;65(10):1017-1023.
- Navia JM. Prevention of dental caries: agents which increase tooth resistance to dental caries. Int Dent J 1972;22(4):427-440.
- 최유진, 백대일. 예방치학. 고문사 1996;149.
- 박광균, 김영진, 박영민, 정원윤. 치과영양학.제2판, 대한나래출판사 2007;168.