- Volume 10 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Fast and Accurate Algorithm for Motion Estimation in Mobile Environments
모바일 환경에서 모션 추정을 위한 빠르고 정확한 알고리즘
- Received : 2009.11.10
- Accepted : 2009.11.26
- Published : 2010.03.28
In this paper, we propose a new method of improving accuracy of motion estimation in mobile environments, compared with Rosten's algorithm. The present method selects corners as feature points. The Rosten's algorithm uses simple addition and subtraction to detect the corners. Although it has the advantage of faster processing speed, Rosten's algorithm has a drawback of low performance in motion estimation. We use the NCC(Normalized Cross Correlation) coefficients to match the corners, and remove in two steps the outliers of inaccurate matching corners. We compare the proposed algorithm with Rosten's algorithm by applying both to the real images. We find that the proposed method shows better performance than Rosten's algorithm in motion estimation. In addition, we implement the present method on mobile devices and confirm that it works in mobile environments in real time.
Mobile Interaction Technique;User Interface;Motion Estimation
- S. Bucolo, M. Billinghurst, and D. Sickinger, "User Experiences with Mobile Phone Camera Game Interfaces," Proceedings of the 4th international conference on Mobile and ubiquitous multimedia, pp.87-94, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1145/1149488.1149503
- M. Hachet, J. Pouderoux, and P. Guitton, "A Camera-Based Interface for Interaction with Mobile Handheld Computers," Proceedings of the 2005 symposium on Interactive 3D graphics and games, pp.65-72, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1145/1053427.1053438
- D. Wigdor and R. Balakrishnan, "TiltText: Using Tilt for Text Input to Mobile Phones," Proceedings of the 16th annual ACM symposium on User interface software and technology, pp.81-90, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1145/964696.964705
- S. A. Drab and N. M. Artner, "Motion Detection as Interaction Technique for Games & Applications on Mobile Devices," Proceedings of Workshop on Pervasive Mobile Interaction Devices (PERMID 2005), 2005.
- A. Haro, K. Mori, T. Capin, and S. Wilkinson, "Mobile Camera-based User Interaction," Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision Workshop on Human-Computer Interaction, pp.79-89, 2005.
- J. Hannuksela, P. Sangi, and J. Heikkil, "Vision-based motion estimation for interaction with mobile devices," Computer Vision and Image Understanding, Vol.108, pp.188-195, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cviu.2006.10.014
- J. Wang, S. Zhai, and J. Canny, "Camera Phone Based Motion Sensing: Interaction Techniques, Applications and Performance Study," Proceedings of the 19th annual ACM symposium on User interface software and technology, pp.101-110, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1145/1166253.1166270
- M. W. Kim and I. S. Oh, "Estimation of Rapid-motion for Mobile Devices Using Temporal Coherence," Image and Vision Computing New Zealand, pp.1-6, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/IVCNZ.2008.4762091
- E. Rosten and T. Drummond, "Machine learning for high-speed corner detection," In European Conference on Computer Vision, pp.430-443, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1007/11744023_34
- M. Trajkovic and M. Hedley, "Fast Corner Detection," Image and Vision Computing, Vol.16, pp.75-87, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0262-8856(97)00056-5