- Volume 10 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Secure and Efficient Access Control Protocol in Digital Broadcasting System
디지털 방송에서 안전하고 효율적인 접근 제어 프로토콜
- Received : 2009.10.29
- Accepted : 2009.12.15
- Published : 2010.03.28
IPTV is an emerging technology that combines both broadcasting and tele-communication technologies, and provides various multi-media contents to the service subscribers. In general, IPTV broadcasters transmit scrambled signals (multi-media contents) to the paying subscribers, and the users within the acknowledged network descramble the signals using the smart-card. That is, users are verified through communication between STB (Set-Top Box) and smart-card. In 2004, Jiang et al. proposed a secure protocol regarding the verification process. The method has been modified and enhanced by several following research works. However, all the methods that have been proposed so far required modular exponentiation operations which may raise the smart-card costs. In this paper, we propose a new efficient mutual authentication and session-key establishment protocol using only hash functions and exclusive-or operations, and show that the proposed protocol is still secure under various security attacks.
Digital Broadcasting;IPTV;Mutual Authentication;Key Exchange
- 박종열, 문진영, 백의현, “IPTV 융합 서비스를 위한 보안 기술 동향,” 전자통신동향분석, 제23권, 제5호, 2008(10).
- W.-S. Juang, "Efficient Password Authenticated Key Agreement Using Smart Cards," Computers & Security 23, pp.167-173, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cose.2003.11.005
- Y.-C. Chen and L.-Y. Yeh, “An Efficient Nonce-based Authentication Scheme with Key Agreement,” Applied Mathematics and Computation 169, pp.982-994, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amc.2004.11.004
- W.-G. Shieh and J.-M. Wang, "Efficient Remote Mutual Authentication and Key Agreement," Computers &Security 25, pp.72-77, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cose.2005.09.008
- W.-G. Shieh and W.-B. Horng, "Efficient and Complete Remote Authentication Scheme with Smart Cards," IEEE International Conference on Intelligence and Security Informatics, pp.122-127, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/ISI.2008.4565041
- G. Yang, D. S. Wong, H. Wang, and X. Deng, "Two-factor Mutual Authentication Based on Smart Cards and Passwords," Journal of Computer and System Sciences 74, pp.1160-1172, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcss.2008.04.002
- T. Jiang, "Key Distribution Baesd on Hierarchical Access Control for Conditional Access System in DTV Broadcast," IEEE Trans. on Consumer Electronics, Vol.50, No.3, pp.882-886, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCE.2004.1341695
- T.-W. Hou, J.-T. Lai, and C.-L. Yeh, "Based on Cryptosystem Secure Communication between Set-top Box and Smart card in DTV Broadcasting," TENCON 2007, IEEE Region 10 Conference, pp.1-5, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TENCON.2007.4428786
- E.-J. Yoon and K. Yoo,, "Robust Key Exchange Protocol between Set-top Box and Smart Card in DTV Broadcasting," Informatica, Vol.20, No.1, pp.139-150, 2009.
- S.-H. Lee, N.-S. Park, S.-K. Kim, and J.-Y. Choi, "Cryptanalysis of Secure Key Exchange Protocol Between STB and Smart Card in IPTV Broadcasting," ISA 2009, LNCS 5576, pp.797-803, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-02617-1_81
- W. Kanjanarin and T. Amomraksa, "Scambling and Key Distribution Scheme for Digital Television," IEEE International Conference on Networks, pp.140-145, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICON.2001.962331
- F. Kamperman and B. V. Rijnsoever, "Conditional Access System Interoperability through Software Downloading," IEEE Trans. on Consumer Electronics, Vol.47, No.1, pp.47-53, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/30.920419