- Volume 10 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Data Statical Analysis based Data Filtering Scheme for Monitoring System on Wireless Sensor Network
무선 센서 네트워크 모니터링 시스템을 위한 데이터 통계 분석 기반 데이터 필터링 기법
- Received : 2009.11.18
- Accepted : 2010.02.12
- Published : 2010.03.28
Recently, various monitoring systems are implemented actively by using wireless sensor networks(WSN). When implementing WSN-based monitoring system, there are three important issues to consider. At First, we need to consider a sensor node failure detection method to support the ongoing monitoring. Secondly, because sensor nodes use limited battery power, we need an efficient data filtering method to reduce energy consumption. At Last, a reducing processing overhead method is necessary. The existing Kalman filtering scheme has good performance on data filtering, but it causes too much processing overhead to estimate sensed data. To solve these problems, we, in this paper, propose a new data filtering scheme based on data statical analysis. First, the proposed scheme periodically aggregates node survival massages to support a node failure detection. Secondly, to reduce energy consumption, it sends the sample data with a node survival massage and do data filtering based on those messages. Finally, it analyzes the sample data to estimate filtering range in a server. As a result, each sensor node can use only simple compare operation for filtering data. In addition, we show from our performance analysis that the proposed scheme outperforms the Kalman filtering scheme in terms of the number of sending messages.
Data Filtering;Wireless Sensor Network;Monitoring System
Supported by : 한국과학재단
- J. Kahn, “Next century challenges: Mobile networking for 'smart dust,'” In Proceedings of MOBICOM, pp.271-278, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1145/313451.313558
- A. Chandrakasan, “Power Aware Wireless Microsensor Systems,” In Proceedings of ESSCIRC, Florence, Italy, 2002.
- A. Cerpa, “Hibitat Monitoring: Application Driver for Wireless Communications Technology,” In Proceedings of SIGCOMM, 2001.
- V. Shnayder, “Simulating the Power Consumption of Large-Scale Sensor Network Applications,” In Proceedings of ACM SenSys, pp.188-200, 2004.
- S. Madden, “Tag: A Tiny Aggregation Service for ad hoc Sensor Networks,” In Proceedings of OSDI, pp.131-146, 2002.
- C. Intanagonwiwat, “Impact of Network Density on Data Aggregatio in Wireless Sensor Networks,” In Proceedings of ICDCS, p.457, 2002.
- Y. Yao and J. Gehrke, “The Cougar Approach to In-Network Query Processing in Sensor Networks,” SIGMOD Record, Vol.31, No.3, pp.9-18, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1145/601858.601861
- Antonios Deligiannakis, “Hierarchical In-Network Data Aggregation with Quality Guarantees,” In Proceedings of EDBT, pp.658-675, 2004.
- Xingbo Yu, “Approximate Monitoring by Aggregation-Oriented Clustering in Wireless Sensor Networks,” ICDE, submitted, Bangalore, India, 2003.
- S. Madden, “The Design of an Acquisitional Query processor for Sensor Networks,” In Proceedins of SIGMOD, pp.491-502, San Diego, America, 2003.
- A. Jain, “Adaptive stream resource management using Kalman Filters,” In Proceedings of the ACM SIGMOD/PODS Conference (SIGMOD ’04), pp.11-22, 2004.
- S. Santini, “An Adaptive Strategy for Quality-Based Data Reduction in Wireless Sensor Networks,” Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Networked, 2006.
- K. Elleithy, “Decentralized Kalman Filter in Wireless Sensor Networks - Case Studies. Advances in Computer,” Information and Systems Sciences and Engineering. pp.61-68, 2005.
- R. Min, “Low-power wireless sensor networks,” In Proceedings of VLSI Design, Bangalore, India, 2001.
- K. Kalpakis, “Efficient Algorithms for Maximum Lifetime Data Gathering and Aggregation in Wireless Sensor Networks,” UMBC CS TR-02-13, 2002.
- 이기욱, 김정이, “무선 센서 네트워크를 이용한 냉동 컨테이너 모니터링 시스템 설계”, 한국컴퓨터정보학회논문지, 제12권, 제5호, pp.312-326, 2007.
- 임화정, 이좌형, 박총명, 정인범, “무선 센서 네트워크 기반의 구조물 안전 감시 시스템”, 한국해양정보통신학회논문지, 제12권, 제2호, pp.391-400, 2007.
- 장수민, 강광구, 유재수, “센서데이터의 연속적인 스카이라인 질의 처리를 위한 효율적인 필터링기법”, 정보과학회논문지, 제15권, 제12호, pp.938-942, 2009.
- Development of Real Time Smart Structure Monitoring System for Bridge Safety Maintenance using Sensor Network vol.16, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2016.16.02.221