- Volume 10 Issue 3
A EAARS(Electronic Attendance-Absence Recording System) is the important LSS(Learning Support System) for blending a on-line learning in the face-to-face classroom. However, the EAARS based on the smart card can not identify a real owner of the checked card. Therefore, we develop the CS(Client-Sever) system that manages the attendance-absence checking automatically, which is used the self-organizing neural network for the face recognition. A client system creates the ID file by extracting the face feature, a server system analyzes the ID file sent from client system, and performs a student identification by using the Recognized weight file saved in Database. As a result, The proposed CS EAARS shows the 92% efficiency in the CS environment that includes the various face image database of the real classroom.
Blending Learning;Face Recognition;Electronic Attendance-absence Recording System;Self-Organizing Neural Networks
Supported by : 상지대학교
- J. Whitehill, M. Bartlett, and J. Movellan, "Measuring the Perceived Difficulty of a Lecture Using Automatic Facial Expression Recognition," LNCS 5091, pp.668-670, 2008.
- T. Shoji, Y. Kawaguchi, K. Kakusho, and M. Minoh, "Lecture Support System Using Face Recognition and Learning History on LMS," The 4th AEARU Workshop on Network Education, pp.139-147, 2006.
- 김승업, 이우범, 김욱현, 강병욱, “화소 라벨링에 의한 얼굴 특징 인수 추출”, 한국신호처리시스템학회, 제2권, 제2호, 2001(4).
- D. Riccio and J. Dugelay, "Geometric invariants for 2D/3D face recognition," Pattern Recognition Lettters 28, pp.1907-1914, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.patrec.2006.12.017
- 이우범, 서정, 김욱현, “얼굴 인식을 이용한 클라이언트-서버 구조의 출결 관리 시스템”, 한국컴퓨터교육학회 동계 학술발표논문집, 제12권, 제2호, pp.129-132, 2008.
- J. R. Parker, Algorithms for Image Processing and Computer Vision, John Wiley&Sons Inc., 1997.
- Asou Hidekki, ニュラルネットワ一ク 情報處理, 産業圖書, 1988.
- J. C. Russ, The Image Processing Handbook: Third Edition, CRC Press, pp.371-430, 1999.
- T. Kohonen, "The Self-organizing Map," Proc. IEEE, Vol.78, No.9, pp.93-99, 1990.
- J. M. Zurada, Introduction to Artificial Neural Systems, Info Access Distribution Pte Ltd., 1992.
- L. Fausett, Fundamentals of Neural Networks : Architecture, Algorithms, and Applications, Prentice-Hall Inc., 1994.