- Volume 10 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
QoS Adaptive Flow based Active Queue Management Algorithm and Performance Analysis
QoS 적응형 플로우 기반 Active Queue Management 알고리즘 및 성능분석
- 강현명 (국립한밭대학교 정보통신전문대학원 멀티미디어공학과) ;
- 최환석 (국립한밭대학교 정보통신전문대학원 멀티미디어공학과) ;
- 이우섭 (국립한밭대학교 정보통신전문대학원 멀티미디어공학과)
- Received : 2009.10.30
- Accepted : 2009.11.18
- Published : 2010.03.28
Due to the convergence of broadcasting and communications, IPTV services are spotlighted as the that next-generation multimedia services. IPTV services should have functionality such as unlimited channel capacity, extension of media, QoS awareness and are required increasing traffic and quality control technology to adapt the attributes of IPTV service. Consequently, flow based quality control techniques are needed. Therefore, many studies for providing Internet QoS are performed at IETF (Internet Engineering Task Force). As the buffer management mechanism among IP QoS methods, active queue management method such as RED(Random Early Detection) and modified RED algorithms have proposed. However, these algorithms have difficulties to satisfy the requirements of various Internet user QoS. Therefore, in this paper we propose the Flow based AQM(Active Queue Management) algorithm for the multimedia services that request various QoS requirements. The proposed algorithm can converge the packet loss ratio to the target packet loss ratio of required QoS requirements. And we present a performance evaluation by the simulations using the ns-2.
AQM;Buffer Management;IP QOS;Multimedia Service
Supported by : 한밭대학교
- 심진보, 김유진, “IPTV 2.0 진화에 기초한 IPTV 수용-확산 영향요인 연구,” Telecommunications Review, Vol.19, No.2, 2009(4),
- J, H. Koo, W. C. Choi, and K. S. Chung, “A New Queue Management Algorithm Improving Fairness of the Internet Congestion Control,” 한국정보과학회논문지, 정보통신, Vol.30, No.3, pp.437-447, 2003(6).
- P. J. Lee and J. Y. Yang, “A Packet Dropping Algorithm based on Queue Management for Congestion Avoidance,” 한국인터넷정보학회논문지, Vol.3, No.6, pp.43-51, 2002(12),
- A. K. Min and J. B. Suk, “A Traffic Management Scheme for the Scalability of IP QoS,” 한국정보과학회논문지, 정보통신, Vol.29, No.4, pp.375-385, 2002(10).
- S. C. Park, “DiffServ QoS Support in DSL Broadband Access Networks,” 한국정보처리학회 논문지, Vol.13, No.5, pp.613-620, 2006(10).
- B. Braden, “Recommendations on Queue Management and Congestion Avoidance in the Internet,” RFC 2309, 1998(4).
- J. H. Nam, “Improve ARED Algorithm in TCP/IP Network,” 한국컴퓨터정보학회논문지, Vol.12, No.3, pp.177-183, 2007(7).
- L. Dong and M. Robert, “Dynamics of Random Early Detection,” Proc. ACM SIGCOMM., pp.127-137, 1997(9).
- David D. Clark and WenjiaFang, “Explicit Allocation of Best-Effort Packet Delivery Service,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, Vol.6, No.4, pp.362-373, 1998(8). https://doi.org/10.1109/90.720870
- H. Jonathan Chao and Xiaolei Guo, QUALITY OF SERVICE CONTROL IN HIGH-SPEED NETWORKS, Wiley-Interscience Pub, pp.214-297, 2002.
- W. C. Feng, Kang G. Shin, Dilip D. Kandlur and Debanjan Saha, “The BLUE Active Queue Management Algorithms,” IEEE/ACM Trans. of Networking, Vol.10, No.4, pp.513-528, 2002(8). https://doi.org/10.1109/TNET.2002.801399
- O. Bahri and O. Sema, “BIO: An Alternative to RIO,” SPIEIT Com: Int'l Symp. Convergence of IT and Comm., Denver, USA, pp.4524-4532, 2001(8).
- S. W. Kim and S. C. Kim, “An Online Buffer Management Algorithm for QoS-Sensitive Multimedia Networks,” ETRI Journal, Vol.29, No.5, pp.685-687, 2007(10). https://doi.org/10.4218/etrij.07.0207.0097