- Volume 10 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
An Analysis of The Repetitive Sound Effects Influencing on Game User's Flow
반복사운드 활용이 게임 유저의 몰입에 미치는 영향 분석
- Received : 2009.08.14
- Accepted : 2010.01.11
- Published : 2010.03.28
There are elements for the game user get into the emotion of flow (the mental state of operation in which the person is fully immersed in what he or she is doing by a feeling of energized focus, full involvement, and success in the process of the activity). In game contents, for example, a considerable sophisticated application of 'sound' is one of the important elements must be considered for a qualified game development process. If a proper audio condition is satisfied, a game user is intrinsically solving problems by auditorial sense and the participant get into immersing into the game spontaneously. There are elements in game contents storytelling for the user to be in flow condition, this study will be analyzing a game user's flowing, especially with repetitive usage of sound. To be accurate, 'flow analysis' of Csikszentmihalyi. M, and 'flow factors' of Donna L. Hoffman & Thomas P. Novak, in addition, would be proper references in the research. comparing to a precedent study that analyzed a game and flow focused on visual elements. Ponpoko(Sigma Enterprise Inc., 1981) and Bio Hazard 4(Capcom, 2007) will be given as the main texts. To achieve the desired proposition in the study, user's reaction is monitored by listening repeatable and ordinary sound. Questionnaires are including Frequency Analysis, MANOVA(multivariate analysis of variance).
Flow;Game Sound;Repeatable Sound
Supported by : 숭실대학교 BK21 디지털영상산학공동사업단
- Csikszentmihalyi, Artistic problems and their solution: an exploration of creativity in the arts., Unpublished doctoral dissertation, University of Chicago. 1965.
- 미하이 칙센트미하이, 몰입의 즐거움, 해냄출판사, 1999.
- Thomas P. Novak, Donna L. Hoffman, and Yiu-Fai Yung, "Measuring the flow Construct in Online Environments: A Structural Modeling Approach," Marketing Science special issue on "Marketing Science and the Internet," p.4, 1999(10).
- 박상진, "게임구성요소와 몰입과의 상관관계에 대한 연구", 한국콘텐츠학회 2006 추계 종합학술대회 논문집, 제4권, 제2호, 2006.
- 이우석, 게임 사운드 제작을 위한 디지털 사운드 레코딩의 연구, 국회도서관, 2002.
- 앤드류 롤링스, 앤드류 롤링스와 어인스트 아담스의 게임기획개론, 제우미디어, 2004.
- Exploring the Links between Psychological Traits and Game Immersion in a Children and Adolescent Sample vol.13, pp.11, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.11.665