- Volume 10 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Research Analysis About Assistive Technology Application for Vocational Ability Improvement of People with Intellectual Disabilities : Centered Single Subject Design
지적 장애인의 직업능력 향상을 위한 보조공학 활용 연구 분석 : 단일대상 연구를 중심으로
- Received : 2009.11.24
- Accepted : 2009.12.22
- Published : 2010.03.28
This research was intended to provide a basic data on the study of utilization of assistive technology to improve vocational ability for people with intellectual disabilities. As this study was literature review, it was analyzed the qualitative level, methodology contents, and general characteristic of a study, related assistive technology application for improvement of vocational ability in people with intellectual disabilities. The results of this study were as follows; Firstly, experimental environments mostly consisted of separated experimental conditions and design employed multiple probe design; Secondly, all of studies were involved in the standard of selection of subjects, but the proportions of study describing the contents related to subjects was low. The proportions of study describing the behavior-control and exterior-variable control method was low; Thirdly, most study evaluated independent variable and presented fidelity of treatment but, the presentation of social validity was proved to be insufficient. In order to effective application of assistive technology in vocational rehabilitation, it is need a evidence that the application of assistive technology is evidence-based practice in vocational rehabilitation. We also need a supplementation between methodology contents and qualitative level of study in more study.
Single Subject Design;Assistive Technology;People with Intellectual Disabilities
- 이성규, “장애인의 취업욕구와 직업재활에 미치는 요인에 관한 연구”, 직업재활연구, 제11권, 제2호, pp.109-138, 2001.
- 박희찬, 김은영, 김선옥, 유병주, 장애인 직업, 인간과 복지, 2004.
- Assistive Technology Act, 1998.
- A. M. Cook and S. M. Hussey, Assistive technologies: Principles and practice(2nd ed.), Mosby, 2002.
- L. W. Pedretti and M. B. Early, Occupational therapy: Practice skills for physical dysfunction, Mosby, 2001.
- 박석돈, 장애인재활의 과정 및 프로그램, 대구대학교출판사, 2004.
- M. L. Wehmeyer, S. B. Palmer, S. J. Smith, W. Parent, K. K. Davies, and U. Stock, "Technology use by people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to support employment activities: A single-subject design meta analysis," J. of Vocational Rehabilitation, Vol.24, No.2, pp.81-86, 2006.
- D. F. Cihak, K. B. Kessler, and P. A. Alberto, "Generalized use of a handheld prompting system," Research in Developmental Disabilities, Vol.28, No.4, pp.397-408, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ridd.2006.05.003
- D. K. Davies, S. E. Stock, and M. L. Wehmeyer, "Enhancing independent task performance for individuals with mental retardation through use of a handheld self-directed visual and audio prompting system," Education and Training in Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities, Vol.37, No.2, pp.209-218, 2002.
- R. J. Mitchell, J. W. Schuster, B. C. Collins, and L. J. Gassaway, "Teaching vocational skills with a faded auditory prompting system," Education and Training in Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities, Vol.35, No.4, pp.415-427, 2000.
- T. A. Taber, P. A. Alberto, and L. K. Fredrick, "Use of self-operated auditory prompts by workers with moderate mental retardation to transition independently through vocational tasks," Research in Developmental Disabilities, Vol.19, No.4, pp.327-345, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0891-4222(98)00008-0
- N. Shimizu, "Application of single subject experimental designs and its issues," RIEEC Report, Vol.38, pp.65-74, 1989.
- S. L. Odom and P. S. Strain, "Evidence-based practice in early intervention/early childhood special education: Single subject design research," J. of Early Intervention, Vol.25, No.2, pp.151-160, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1177/105381510202500212
- 김진호, 권승희, "장애학생을 위한 지역사회중심 교수프로그램 적용사례 고찰: 국내연구를 중심으로", 직업재활연구, 제18권, 제2호, pp.45-68, 2008.
- 이영선, 성유진, "고용관련 환경에서의 ACC 사용자들에 관한 문헌분석: 1996-2007년의 국외 연구를 중심으로", 직업재활연구, 제18권, 제1호, pp.171-192, 2008.
- 허창덕, "직업재활연구의 발전과 동향을 위한 제언: 직업재활연구 지의 분석을 통하여", 직업재활연구, 제18권, 제1호, pp.129-143, 2008.
- S. L. Odom, E. Brantlinger, R. Gersten, R. H. Horner, B. Thompson, and K. R. Harris, "Research in special education: Scientific methods and evidence-based practices," Exceptional Children, Vol.71, No.2, pp.137-148, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1177/001440290507100201
- S. L. Odom, W. H. Brown, B. T. Frey, N. K. Karasu, L. L. Smith-Canter, and P. S. Strain, "Evidence-based practices for young children with autism: Contributions for single-subject design research," Focus on Autism and Other Developmental Disabilities, Vol.18, No.3, pp.166-175, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1177/10883576030180030401
- M. Wolery and G. Dunlap, "Reporting on studies using single-subject experimental methods," J. of Early Intervention, Vol.24, No.2, pp.85-59, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1177/105381510102400201
- 박은영, 김삼섭, 조광순, "우리나라 단일대상연구의 내용과 방법에 관한 고찰", 특수교육학 연구, 제40권, 제1호, pp.65-89, 2005.
- L. C. Mechling and B. Cronin, "Computer-based video instruction to teach the use of augmentative and alternative communication devices for ordering at fast-food restaurants," J. of Special Education, Vol.39, No.4, pp.234-245, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1177/00224669060390040401
- K. Hutcherson, J. Langone, K. Ayres, and T. Clees, "Computer assisted instruction to teach item selection in grocery stores: an assessment of acquisition and generalization," J. of Special Education Technology, Vol.19, No.4, pp.33-42, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1177/016264340401900404
- L. C. Mechling, "Effects of multimedia, computer-based instruction on grocery shopping fluency," J. of Special Education Technology, Vol.19, No.1, pp.23-34, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1177/016264340401900403
- L. C. Mechling, D. L. Gast, and K. L. Thompson, "Comparison of the effects of smart board technology and flash card instruction on sight word recognition and observational learning," J. of Special Education Technology, Vol.23, No.1, pp.34-46, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1177/016264340802300103
- L. A. Riffel, M. L. Wehmeyer, A. P. Turnbull, J. Lattimore, D. Davies, S. Stock, and S. Fisher, "Promoting independent performance4 of transition-related tasks using a palmtop pc-based self-directed visual and auditory prompting system," J. of Special Education Technology, Vol.20, No.2, pp.5-14, 2005.
- D. F. Cihak, K. B. Kessler, and P. A. Alberto, "Use of a handheld prompting system to transition independently through vocational tasks for students with moderate and severe intellectual disabilities," Education and Training in Developmental Disabilities, Vol.43, No.1, pp.102-110, 2008.
- L. Crane, Mental retardation: A community integration approach, Wadworth, 2002.
- 이소현, 박은혜, 김영태, 교육 및 임상현장 적용을 위한 단일대상연구, 학지사, 2000.
- 양명희, 최호승, “개별 피험자 연구의 피험자 특성 기술에 관한 연구”, 정서.행동장애연구, 제20권, 제1호, pp.1-21, 2004.
- A. E. Kazdin, Single case research designs, Oxford University Press, 1982.
- E. M. Kanny and D. K. Anson, "Current trends in assistive technology education in entry-level occupational therapy curricula," American J. of Occupational Therapy, Vol.52, No.7, pp.586-591, 1998. https://doi.org/10.5014/ajot.52.7.586
- W. C. Mann and J. P. Lane, Assistive technology for person with disabilities, AOTA, 1995.
- 권선진, "장애인의 보장구 활용 실태와 정책과제", 보건복지포럼, 제14권, pp.70-80, 1997.
- E. B. Breines, "Occupational therapy education in a technological world," American J. of Occupational Therapy, Vol.56, No.4, pp.467-469, 2002. https://doi.org/10.5014/ajot.56.4.467