- Volume 10 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Influence of Fall-preventive Occupational Therapy Applied to Elderly in the Community upon Balance Ability
여성노인에게 적용한 낙상예방 작업치료가 균형 능력에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2009.10.08
- Accepted : 2010.02.17
- Published : 2010.03.28
This study is to look into the effectiveness of fall-preventive occupational therapy of elderly by clarifying the influence of occupational therapy applied to female elderly in the community upon balance ability. A 6-week occupational therapy program including both training and exercise for prevention of fall down was applied by dividing into 13 persons of experimental group and 13 persons of control group for female elderly aged more than 65 years who were capable of independence gait and have not taken any drug to adversely affect balance. For balance ability assessment, the Berg balance scale and the Tetrax fall index were used. The Berg balance scale in experimental group was shown to be 48.38 to 50.69 through the 6-week program, indicating changes in significance level(p=.017). The Tetrax fall index in experimental group was shown to be 46.77 to 35.54 through the 6-week program(p=.000). Changes in significance level were not found for both the Berg balance scale and the Tetrax fall index in control group. As seen from the results of this study, it is found that 6-week application of the fall-preventive occupational therapy program including fall prevention training and exercise was effective for promotion of elderly's balance ability, and further studies just on the effect of fall prevention training are required to be made.
Balance;Elderly;Fall Down;Occupational Therapy
- 통계청, 장래인구추계, 국가통계포털 http://www.kosis.kr, 2006.
- 보건복지가족부, 여성건강종합통계집, 보건복지부, 2004.
- 정영미, "여성노인의 우울에 따른 건강상태 및 우울관련 요인", 한국노년학, 제27권, 제1호, pp.71-86, 2007.
- 김수진, "노인의 낙상과 관련된 보행능력, 인지기능, 낙상효능감에 관한 연구", 이화여자대학교 석사학위 논문, 2003.
- M. E. Tinetti, D. Richman, and L. Powell, "Fall efficacy as a measure of fear of falling," Yale University School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Vol.45, pp.239-243, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1093/geronj/45.6.P239
- 임숙현, 이경오, 오경순, "낙상예방 교육이 입원노인환자의 낙상에 대한 지식, 낙상 효능감, 낙상예방 행위에 미치는 효과", 임상간호연구지, 제8권, pp.53-88, 2005.
- 정순미, 안덕현, "노인의 단기집중 균형훈련이 하지수행능력에 미치는 영향", 한국전문물리치료학회지, 제14권, 제1호, pp.11-20, 2007.
- 김희자, "시설노인의 근력강화 운동이 근력, 근지구력, 일상생활기능 및 삶의 질에 미치는 효과“, 서울대학교 박사학위 논문, 1994.
- 김영숙, "치매노인의 인지기능 증진을 위한 작업치료의 효과성에 관한 연구", 한국노년학, 제19권, 제3호, pp.167-180, 1999.
- 정민예, "작업치료의 실제", 자격연수, 제2권, pp.629-639, 2004.
- W. W. Tsang and C. W. Hui-Chan, "Effects of exercise on joint sense and balance in elderly men: Tai Chi versus golf," Medial Science Sports Exercise, Vol.36, pp.658-667, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1249/01.MSS.0000122077.87090.2E
- 김한수, "가정운동 훈련 프로그램이 노인의 근력, 균형, 보행증진에 미치는 영향“, 계명대학교 박사학위 논문, 2001.
- D. R. Mandel, J. M. Jackson, R. Zemke, L. Nelson, and F. A. Clark, Lifestyle redesign: Implementing the well elderly program, Bethesda, The American Occupational Therapy Association Inc. 1999.
- F. A. Clark, S. P. Azen, M, Carlson, D. Mandel, L. Labree, and J. Hay, "Embedding health-promoting changes into the daily lives of independent-Living older adults: long-term follow-up of occupational therapy intervention," Journal of Gerontology, Vol.56, No.1, pp.60-63, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1093/geronb/56.1.P60
- S. B. O'Sullivan and T. J. Schmitz, "Physical rehabilitation: Assessment of Functional outcome for cervical pain or dysfunction: A systematic review," Spine, Vol.27, No.5, pp.515-522, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1097/00007632-200203010-00012
- W. R. Fontera, C. N. Meredith, and K. P. O'Relly, "Strength conditioning in older men skeletal muscle hypertrophy and improved function," Journal of Applied Physiology, Vol.64, pp.1044-1089, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.341915
- L. Z. Rubenstein and K. R. Josephson, “The epidemiology of falls and syncope,” Clinics in the Geriatric Medicine, Vol.18, pp.141-158, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0749-0690(02)00002-2
- 김용권, 조영하, "노인들의 고관절골절 위험요인에 관한 환자-대조군 연구", 대한물리치료사학회지, 제9권, 제1호, pp.25-36, 2002.
- 김철규, "입원환자 낙상발생 실태와 원인에 관한 분석연구“, 서울대학교 석사학위논문, 2003.
- S. R. Lord, J. A. Ward, and P. Williams, "The effect of a 12-month exercise trial on balance, strength, and falls in order women: A randomized controlled trial," J Am Geriatr Soc, Vol.42, No.6, pp.1198-1206, 1995.
- D. P. Schonfelder, “A fall prevention program for elderly individual: exercise in long term case setting,” J Gerontol Nurs, Vol26, No.3, pp.43-51, 2000. https://doi.org/10.3928/0098-9134-20000301-09
- E. E. Hill-Westmoreland, K. Soeken, and A. M. Spellbring, "A meta analysis of fall prevention program for the elderly," Nurs Res, Vol.51, No1, pp.1-8, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1097/00006199-200201000-00002
- C. Casteel, C. Peek-Asa, C. Lacsamana, L. Vazquez, and J. F. Kraus. "Evaluation of a falls prevention program for independent elderly," Am J Health Behav, Vol.28, No.1, pp.51-60, 2004.
- H. A. Deery, L. Day, and B. M. Fidlers, "An impact evaluation of a fall prevention program among older people," Accid Anal Prev, Vol.32, pp.427-433, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0001-4575(99)00043-3
- Effects of Respiration and Oral Motor Training based on Musical Elements and Singing on Voice of Healthy Elderly vol.11, pp.10, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2011.11.10.380
- Personalized Dietary Nutrition Contents Recommendation using Hybrid Filtering for Managing Health vol.11, pp.11, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2011.11.11.001
- Changes of Body Balance on Static Posture According to Types of Induced Ametropia vol.19, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.14479/jkoos.2014.19.2.239
- Cause Analysis in Decrease of Body Stability According to The Induced Astigmatic Blur vol.21, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14479/jkoos.2016.21.3.259