- Volume 10 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
International Impact of Scientific Research of Major Countries
주요국의 학문분야별 과학연구의 영향력 분석
- Received : 2009.10.08
- Accepted : 2010.02.02
- Published : 2010.03.28
This paper analyzes the international impact of the scientific research of major countries by scientific field and examines its meaning. To this end, we select the highly cited papers (HCP) from scientific papers that are regarded as the output of scientific research, and then measure and compare the level of major countries' scientific impact, considering the input factors (GDP, R&D expenditure, and researchers) of scientific research. Based on the results of the analysis, we draw the conclusion and implications, and finally present the limitations of research and further research in this field.
Scientific Research;Highly Cited Paper (HCP);Paper Citation;Scientific Impact;Citation Intensity
- R. M. May, "The Scientific Wealth of Nations," Science 281, pp.49-51, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.281.5373.49
- Office of Science and Technology, PSA Target metrics for the UK Research Base, Department of Trade and Industry: OST, 2003(10).
- D. A. King, "The Scientific Impact of Nations: What different countries get for their research spending," Nature 430, pp/311-316, 2004(7). https://doi.org/10.1038/430311a
- Office of Science and Innovation, PSA Target metrics for the UK Research Base, Department of Trade and Industry: OSI, 2007(3).
- M. Batty, "The geography of scientific citation," Environment and Planning A 35, pp.761-765, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1068/a3505com
- J. Grant and G. Lewison, "Government funding of research and development," Science 278, pp.878-879, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.278.5339.878
- R. M. May, "The Scientific Investment of Nations," Science 278, pp.879-880, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.281.5373.49
- OECD, Main Science and Technology Indicators, Paris: OECD, 2008.
- M. H. MacRoberts and B. R. MacRoberts, "Problems of Citation Analysis: A Critical Review," Journal of the American Society for Information Science, Vol.40, No.(5), pp.342-349, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-4571(198909)40:5<342::AID-ASI7>3.0.CO;2-U
- 한국과학재단, 피인용 상위 1% 한국인 과학자 논문현황 분석, 한국과학재단, 2008.
- An Analysis on the Factors Affecting the Citation in Korean Material Science Articles vol.30, pp.1, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3743/KOSIM.2013.30.1.131