- Volume 10 Issue 5
Capacity Analysis of Bluetooth Access Point for Location Based Service with Mobile Phones and Bluetooth
휴대폰과 블루투스 기반의 LBS를 위한 블루투스 AP 용량 시뮬레이션
- Received : 2010.09.27
- Accepted : 2010.10.15
- Published : 2010.10.31
In this paper, we analyze and simulate the capacity of Bluetooth AP (Access Point) for LBS (Location Based Service) with mobile phones and Bluetooth. Based on the modeling of connection setup times and data transmission times, we derive the capacity model of Bluetooth AP. Moreover, we consider content size and the statistics of incoming users for the simulation. From the simulation, we derive the possible number of users with capacity of the given Bluetooth AP in order to utilize the results in the real application environment.
Supported by : 정보통신산업진흥원
- Laura Perusco, Katina Michael, "Humancentric Applications of Precise Location Based Services", IEEE ICEBE pp.409-418, 2005.
- Feixiang Chen, Chongjun Yang, Wenyang Yu, Xiaoqiu Le, Jianyu Yang, "Research on mobile GIS based on LBS", IEEE IGARSS, Vol2, pp.25-29, 2005.
- SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., "Low Energy and High Speed Join the Party", In-stat, July 20, 2009
- Anthony LaMarca, Yatin Chawathe, Sunny Consolvo, et al., "Place Lab: Device Positioning Using Radio Beacons in the Wild", Proceedings of the third international conference on pervasive computing, pp.116-133, 2005.
- Anmol Sheth, Srinivasan Seshan, David Wetherall, "Geo-fencing: Confining Wi-Fi Coverage to Physical Boundaries", Seventh International Conference on Pervasive Computing, Vol 5538, pp.274-290, 2009.
- Ling Pei, Ruizhi Chen, Jingbin Liu, Tomi Tenhunen, Heidi Kuusniemi, Yuwei Chen, "Inquiry-based Bluetooth Indoor Positioning via RSSI Probability Distributions", Second International Conference on Advances in Satellite and Space Communications, pp.151-156, 2010.
- Bluetooth SIG, "Specification of the Bluetooth System" Vol1, Core, Version 2.1