- Volume 50 Issue 3
Biological activities and single oral dose toxicity in rat of fermented Rhus verniciflua extract
발효 옻 추출물의 생리활성 및 단회 경구 투여 독성시험
- Choi, Myung-Jin (College of Veterinary Medicine, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Lee, Seung-Jin (College of Veterinary Medicine, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Jang, Seung-Hee (College of Veterinary Medicine, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Reza, Md. Ahsanur (College of Veterinary Medicine, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Hong, Joo-Heon (Department of Food Science and Technology, Catholic University of Daegu) ;
- Jung, Hee-Kyoun (Bio Industry Center, Daegu Technopark) ;
- Park, Seung-Chun (College of Veterinary Medicine, Kyungpook National University)
- 최명진 (경북대학교 수의과대학) ;
- 이승진 (경북대학교 수의과대학) ;
- 장승희 (경북대학교 수의과대학) ;
- 홍주헌 (대구가톨릭대학교 외식식품산업학부) ;
- 정희경 (대구테크노파크 바이오산업지원센터) ;
- 박승춘 (경북대학교 수의과대학)
- Accepted : 2010.07.27
- Published : 2010.09.30
In this study, we investigated the biological activities such as anti-tumor, anti-oxidant and antiinflammatory activities as well as single oral dose toxicity of fermented Rhus verniciflua extract (FRVE). In order to examine anti-tumor activity of FRVE, the sarcoma 180 cells were treated with FRVE at various concentrations (0.03, 0.3, 3 and 30 mg/mL) in microtetrazolium (MTT) assay. In MTT assay, all the cells treated with FRVE at various concentrations have shown a significant difference compared with control (p < 0.05). In xanthine oxidase inhibition assay to examine the antioxidant activity, the xanthine oxidase inhibition rate of FRVE at 1.5 mg/mL and 15 mg/mL was
Supported by : 한국산업단지공단
- 식품의약품안전청. 의약품등의 독성시험기준. 식품의약품 안전청고시 제 1999-61호. 식품의약품안전청, 서울, 1999.
- Ahn EM, Park SJ, Choi WC, Choi SH, Baek NI. Antioxidant activity of isolated compounds from the heartwoods of Rhus verniciflua. J Korean Soc Appl Biol Chem 2007, 50, 358-361.
- Begona CA, Laszlo G.B, Silvia M, Joan B, Carles CM, Josep JC, Josep LT, Neus A, Sara B, Marta C. Fermented wheat germ extract inhibits glycolysis/ pentose cycle enzymes and induces apoptosis through poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase activation in Jurkat Tcell leukemia tumor cells. J Biol Chem 2002, 277, 46408-46414. https://doi.org/10.1074/jbc.M206150200
- Choi HS, Kim MK, Park HS, Yun SE, Mun SP, Kim JS, Sapkota K, Kim S, Kim TY, Kim SJ. Biological detoxification of Lacquer Tree (Rhus verniciflua stokes) stem bark by mushroom species. Food Sci Biotechnol 2007, 16, 935-942.
- Choi WY, Park KY. Anticancer effects of organic Chinese cabbage kimchi. J Food Sci Nutr 1999, 4, 113-116.
- Heo BG, Park YS, Yoo YK, Han TH, Park YJ, Sin JS, Cho JY. In vitro assay on biological characteristics of different extracts from Acorus calamus L. var angustatus. Flower Res 2008, 16, 168-173.
- Jee SO. Antioxidant activities and whitening effect of the mulberry (Morus alba L.) root bark extracts. Korean J Plant Res 2009, 22, 145-151.
- Jung CH, Kim JH, Hong MH, Seog HM, Oh SH, Lee PJ, Kim GJ, Kim HM, Um JY, Ko SG. Phenolicrich fraction from Rhus verniciflua stokes (RVS) suppress inflammatory response via NF-B and JNK pathway in lipopolysaccharide-induced RAW 264.7 macrophages. J Ethnopharmacol 2007, 110, 490-497. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jep.2006.10.013
- Kim DW, Kim SH, Yu DJ, Kang GH, Kim JH, Kang HG, Jang BG, Na JC, Suh OS, Jang IS, Lee KH. Effects of single or mixed supplements of plant extract, fermented medicinal plants and Lactobacillus on growth performance in Broilers. Korean J Poult Sci 2007, 34, 187-196. https://doi.org/10.5536/KJPS.2007.34.3.187
- Kim GS, Jung TS, Shin GW, Han DY, Cha HJ, Kim YH. Antimicrobial activity and preventive effect of oriental herbal medicine feed additives for Campylobacter jejuni in Korean native chickens. J Vet Clin 2006, 23, 41-49.
Kim SY, Chung MA, Song DU, Shin JH, Chay KO, Jung YD, Yang SY, Ahn BW. Effects of flavonoids on amyloid
$\beta$peptide toxicity in PC12 cells. Kor J Gerontol 2001, 11, 41-48.
- Lee JC. Flavonoid fraction purified from Rhus verniciflua stokes actively inhibits cell growth via induction of apoptosis in mouse tumorigenic hepatocytes. Nat Prod Sci 2004, 10, 74-79.
- Lee JC, Lee KY, Kim J, Na CS, Jung NC, Chung GH, Jang YS. Extract from Rhus verniciflua stokes is capable of inhibiting the growth of human lymphoma cells. Food Chem Toxicol 2004, 42, 1383-1388. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fct.2004.03.012
- Lee JD, Huh JE, Jeon GS, Yang HR, Woo HS, Choi DY, Park DS. Flavonol-rich RVHxR from Rhus verniciflua stokes and its major compound fisetin inhibits inflammation-related cytokines and angiogenic factor in rheumatoid arthritic fibroblast-like synovial cells and in vivo models. Int Immunopharmacol 2009, 9, 268-276. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.intimp.2008.11.005
- Lee JS, Jang SH, Choi MJ, Gebru E, Park SC. Pathogenicity of Lactobacillus pentosus PL11 isolated from eel (Anguilla japonica) intestine and single oral toxicity of its culture broth in rats. Korean J Vet Res 2009, 49, 335-343.
- Lee YS, Ahn DS, Joo EY, Kim NW. Antioxidative activities of Syneilesis palmata extracts. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 2009, 38, 1471-1477. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2009.38.11.1471
- Middleton E Jr, Kandaswami C, Theoharides TC. The effects of plant flavonoids on mammalian cells: implications for inflammation, heart disease, and cancer. Pharmacol Rev 2000, 52, 673-751.
- Moon TC, Park JO, Chung KW, Son KH, Kim HP, Kang SS, Chang HW, Chung KC. Anti-inflammatory activity of the flavonoid components of Lonicera japonica. Yakhak Hoeji 1999, 43, 117-123.
- Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD). OECD Guideline for the Testing of Chemicals. Revised Draft Guideline 420. OECD, paris, 2001.
- Park JM, Shin JH, Bak DJ, Lee DW, Jeon WM, Song JC, Sunwoo SY, Lyoo YS, Kim JM. The effect of dietary fermented soybean on the growth performance and meat quality of pigs. Korean J Food Sci Ani Resour 2009, 29, 296-301. https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2009.29.3.296
- Saghal G, Ramanathan S, Sasidharan S, Mordi MN, Ismail S, Mansor SM. In vitro antioxidant and xanthine oxidase inhibitory activities of methanolic Swietenia mahagoni seed extracts. Molecules 2009, 14, 4476-4485. https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules14114476
- Shin DH, Shin JY, Kim SH, Kim JH, Chung HJ, Kim JC. Single oral dose toxicity study of Balbusae caulis in Taeniam in rats. J Toxicol Pub Health 2004, 20, 325-328.
- Yoon TJ, Yang WS, Park SM, Jung HY, Lee AN, Jung JH, Kang TB, Yoo YC, Kim JB. In vivo toxicity and immunoadjuvant activity of Korean Mistletoe (Viscum album coloratum) extract fermented with Lactobacillus. Korean J Food Sci Technol 2009, 41, 560-565.