- Volume 50 Issue 3
Analysis of residual pesticides in dead wild birds and other animals during 2008-2009 in Korea
2008-2009년 국내 폐사 야생조류 및 동물 체내의 잔류농약 분석
- Jang, Jung-Hee (National Veterinary Research & Quarantine Service) ;
- Bong, Young-Hoon (National Veterinary Research & Quarantine Service) ;
- Kim, Dong-Gyu (National Veterinary Research & Quarantine Service) ;
- Kim, MeeKyung (National Veterinary Research & Quarantine Service) ;
- Chung, Gab-Soo (National Veterinary Research & Quarantine Service) ;
- Son, Seong-Wan (National Veterinary Research & Quarantine Service)
- 장정희 (국립수의과학검역원) ;
- 봉영훈 (국립수의과학검역원) ;
- 김동규 (국립수의과학검역원) ;
- 김미경 (국립수의과학검역원) ;
- 정갑수 (국립수의과학검역원) ;
- 손성완 (국립수의과학검역원)
- Accepted : 2010.07.22
- Published : 2010.09.30
Pesticides are useful to eliminate harmful insects and grow crops however, misuse and abuse of pesticides may cause a death of wild birds, livestock, and companion animals. We analyzed residual pesticides in the ingesta and tissues from the dead wild birds, livestock, and companion animals which were suspected pesticide poisoning based on the diagnosis of the Animal Disease Diagnostic Center of National Veterinary Research and Quarantine Service (NVRQS). The samples were primarily brought to NVRQS from local communities and veterinary diagnostic laboratories. The 231 suspicious samples of pesticide poisoning based on the necropsy were analyzed by GC/NPD, GC/FPD, GC/ECD, or GC/MSD in 2008 and 2009. Pesticides were identified from the 55 samples of total 143 samples analyzed in 2008 and from the 34 samples of total 88 samples analyzed in 2009. The pesticide identification rates in 2008 were higher than the rates in 2009. It may have relevance to the increased samples with the outbreak of avian influenza in 2008 in Korea. The concentrations of pesticides found in the dead animals varied and exceeded the respective
- 권용국, 윤선종, 김기석. 재두루미에서 Parathion 중독증 발생. 대한수의공중보건학회지 2003, 27, 83-87.
- 김미경, 윤선종, 김동규, 봉영훈, 김희진, 장정희, 정갑수. 우리나라 폐사 야생조류에서의 농약 분석. 대한수의학회지 2008, 48, 131-137.
- 김정한. 식품과 농약(I)-농약의 중요성과 종류. Safe Food 2007, 2, 48-52.
- Berny P, Caloni F, Croubels S, Sachana M, Vandenbroucke V, Davanzo F, Guitart R. Animal poisoning in Europe. Part 2: Companion animals. Vet J 2010, 183, 255-259. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tvjl.2009.03.034
- Brito NM, Navickiene S, Polese L, Jardim EFG, Abakerli RB, Ribeiro ML. Determination of pesticide residues in coconut water by liquid-liquid extraction and gas chromatography with electron-capture plus thermionic specific detection and solid-phase extraction and high-performance liquid chromatography with ultraviolet detection. J Chromatogr A 2002, 957, 201-209. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9673(02)00351-5
- Brown P, Charlton A, Cuthbert M, Barnett L, Ross L, Green M, Gillies L, Shaw K, Fletcher M. Identification of pesticide poisoning in wildlife. J Chromatogr A 1996, 754, 463-478. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9673(96)00311-1
- Guitart R, Croubels S, Caloni F, Sachana M, Davanzo F, Vandenbroucke V, Berny P. Animal poisoning in Europe. Part 1: Farm livestock and poultry. Vet J 2010, 183, 249-254. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tvjl.2009.03.002
- Guitart R, Sachana M, Caloni F, Croubels S, Vandenbroucke V, Berny P. Animal poisoning in Europe. Part 3: Wildlife. Vet J 2010, 183, 260-265. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tvjl.2009.03.033
- Kwon YK, Wee SH, Kim JH. Pesticide poisoning events in wild birds in Korea from 1998 to 2002. J Wildl Dis 2004, 40, 737-740. https://doi.org/10.7589/0090-3558-40.4.737
- Martinez-Haro M, Mateo R, Guitart R, Soler- Rodriguez F, Perez-Lopez M, Maria-Mojica P, Garcia-Fernandez AJ. Relationship of the toxicity of pesticide formulations and their commercial restrictions with the frequency of animal poisonings. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 2008, 69, 396-402. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecoenv.2007.05.006
- Martínez-Haro M, Vinuela J, Mateo R. Exposure of birds to cholinesterase-inhibiting pesticides following a forest application for tick control. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol 2007, 23, 347-349. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.etap.2006.11.011
- Okihashi M, Kitagawa Y, Akutsu K, Obana H, Tanaka Y. Rapid method for the determination of 180 pesticide residues in foods by gas chromatography/ mass spectrometry and flame photometric detection. J Pestic Sci 2005, 30, 368-377. https://doi.org/10.1584/jpestics.30.368
- Tomlin CDS. The Pesticide Manual. 13th ed. pp. 139- 775, British Crop Protection Council, Farnham, 2003.
- Zapf A, Heyer R, Stan HJ. Rapid micro liquid-liquid extraction method for trace analysis of organic contaminants in drinking water. J Chromatogr A 1995, 694, 453-461. https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9673(94)01199-O