- Volume 5 Issue 4
The Changes of Plantar Foot Pressure by External Loads during Walking in Flatfoot
보행 시 편평족에서 외적 무게 부하에 따른 족저압의 변화
- Chang, Jong-Sung (Department of Physical Therapy, Yeungnam College of Science & Technology) ;
- Park, Ji-Won (Department of Physical therapy, College of Medical Science, Catholic University of Daegu) ;
- Kim, Chung-Sun (Department of Physical therapy, College of Rehabilitation Science, Daegu University)
- Received : 2010.09.28
- Accepted : 2010.11.09
- Published : 2010.11.30
Purpose : The study was designed to investigate the changes of plantar foot pressure by different loads during walking in flatfoot. Methods : Fifteen subjects with flatfoot were recruited along with their written informed consent. They were asked to walk on plate at a self-selected and comfortable speed with loads of 0, 5, 10, and 15kg. Three walking trials were obtained and then averaged for data analysis. Foot pressure were measured from RS-Scan system (RS-Scan system, RS scan Ltd., German) and contact area, maximum force were analyzed. Results : There were significant increases on midfoot and decreases on forefoot in contact area. And there were significant increases in maximum force of foot pressure of 2nd metatarsal bone and midfoot. Conclusion : These findings revealed that flatfoot increases risk factors of metatarsal bone with different loads. Therefore, patients of flatfoot must be careful during walking with loads or activities of daily living.
- 박수진, 김민희, 김진상. 가방 휴대 방법에 따른 보행 시 발의 비례추진력 변화. 대한물리치료학회지. 2009;21(3):61-8.
- 선상규, 정동춘, 고광준 등. 편평족과 정상족을 가진 사람의 체력 특성 비교. 한국스포츠리서치. 2006; 17(6):687-94.
- 윤홍기. 편평외반족에 대한 거골하 관절 유합술 후 족저압 및 동작분석 변화. 연세대학교 대학원. 박사학위 논문. 2006.
- 이상열, 배성수. 보행 시 부하의 위치에 따른 발의 안정성 및 운동학적 분석에 관한 연구. 대한물리치료학회지. 2009;21(2):97-101.
- Abe D, Muraki S, Yasukouchi A. Ergonomic effects of load carriage on the upper and lower back on metabolic energy cost of walking. Appl Ergon. 2008;39(3):392-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apergo.2007.07.001
- Arangio GA, Reinert KL, Salathe EP. A biome- chanical model of the effect of subtalar arthroereisis on the adult flexible flat foot. Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon). 2004;19(8):847-52. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2003.11.002
- Aronow MS, Hakim-Zargar M. Management of hindfoot disease in rheumatoid arthritis. Foot Ankle Clin. 2007;12(3):455-74. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fcl.2007.05.003
- Chow DH, Kwok ML, Au-Yang AC et al. The effect of backpack load on the gait of normal adolescent girls. Ergonomics. 2005;48(6):642-56. https://doi.org/10.1080/00140130500070921
- Chow DH, Kwok ML, Cheng JC et al. The effect of backpack weight on the standing posture and balance of schoolgirls with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis and normal controls. Gait Posture. 2006; 24(2):173-81. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gaitpost.2005.08.007
- Cote KP, Brunet ME, Gansneder BM et al. Effects of pronated and supinated foot postures on static and dynamic postural stability. J Athl Train. 2005; 40(1):41-6.
- Dunn JE, Link CL, Felson DT et al. Prevalence of foot and ankle conditions in a multiethnic community sample of older adults. Am J Epidemiol. 2004;159(5):491-8. https://doi.org/10.1093/aje/kwh071
- Gaymer C, Whalley H, Achten J et al. Midfoot plantar pressure significantly increases during late gestation. Foot (Edinb). 2009;19(2):114-6. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foot.2009.02.001
- Hargrave MD, Carcia CR, Gansneder BM et al. Subtalar pronation does not influence impact forces or rate of loading during a single-leg landing. J Athl Train. 2003;38(1):18-23.
- Hills AP, Hennig EM, McDonald M et al. Plantar pressure differences between obese and non-obese adults: a biomechanical analysis. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2001;25(11):1674-9. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.ijo.0801785
- Hong Y, Li JX, Fong DT. Effect of prolonged walking with backpack loads on trunk muscle activity and fatigue in children. J Electromyogr Kinesiol. 2008;18(6):990-6. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jelekin.2007.06.013
- Kernozek TW, Torry MR, H VANH et al. Gender differences in frontal and sagittal plane biome- chanics during drop landings. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2005;37(6):1003-12; discussion 13.
- Khamis S, Yizhar Z. Effect of feet hyperpronation on pelvic alignment in a standing position. Gait Posture. 2007;25(1):127-34. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gaitpost.2006.02.005
- Magee DJ. Orthopedic physical assessment. Philadel- phia, W.B. Saunders, 2008.
- McCormack AP, Ching RP, Sangeorzan BJ. Biomechanics of procedures used in adult flatfoot deformity. Foot Ankle Clin. 2001;6(1):15-23. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1083-7515(03)00072-X
- Olsen OE, Myklebust G, Engebretsen L et al. Injury mechanisms for anterior cruciate ligament injuries in team handball: a systematic video analysis. Am J Sports Med. 2004;32(4):1002-12. https://doi.org/10.1177/0363546503261724
- Pinto RZ, Souza TR, Trede RG et al. Bilateral and unilateral increases in calcaneal eversion affect pelvic alignment in standing position. Man Ther. 2008;13(6):513-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.math.2007.06.004
- Sell KE, Verity TM, Worrell TW et al. Two measure- ment techniques for assessing subtalar joint position: a reliability study. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 1994;19(3):162-7.
- Van Boerum DH, Sangeorzan BJ. Biomechanics and pathophysiology of flat foot. Foot Ankle Clin. 2003;8(3):419-30. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1083-7515(03)00084-6
- Vicenzino B, Griffiths SR, Griffiths LA et al. Effect of antipronation tape and temporary orthotic on vertical navicular height before and after exercise. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2000;30(6):333-9.
- Wang WJ, Crompton RH. Analysis of the human and ape foot during bipedal standing with implications for the evolution of the foot. J Biomech. 2004;37(12):1831-6. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiomech.2004.02.036