- Volume 19 Issue 6
In this study, we analyzed the impact of orographic and thermal forcing on the atmospheric flow field over the urban metropolitan areas on urban artificial buildings and future development plan. Several numerical experiments have been undertaken in order to clarify the impacts of the future development plan on urban area by analyzing practical urban ground conditions, we revealed that there were large differences in the meteorological differences in each case. The prognostic meteorological fields over complex areas of Seoul, Korea are generated by the PSU/NCAR mesoscale model(MM5). we carried out a comparative examination on the meteorological fields of topography and land-use that had building information and future development plan. A higher wind speed at daytimes tends to be forecasted when using new topography and land use data that have a high resolution with an appropriate limitation to the mixing height and the nocturnal boundary layer(NCB). During nighttime periods, since radiation cooling development is stronger after development plan, the decreased wind speed is often generated.
Building parameterization;Future development plan;PBL;NCB;MM5
- 서울 시정 개발 연구원, 2000, 서울시 대기오염 특성연구, 120.
- 이현영, 1985, 서울의 도시기온에 관한 연구, 이화여자대학교 박사학위 청구논문, 104.
- 이화운, 최현정, 이강열, 2005, 상세한 하부 경계조건과 관측값 객관분석이 복잡지형의 대기흐름장 수치모의에 미치는 효과, 한국기상학회지 41(1), 73-87.
- 최현정, 이화운, 성경희, 2007, 복잡지형에서 지표면 거칠기에 따른 오존 농도 수치모의, 한국대기환경학회 23(4) 430-439.
- Atkinson, B. W., 1981, Meso-Scale Atmospheric Circulations, In. Academic Press, London, 495.
- Boucouvala, D., Bornstein, R., 2003, Analysis of transport patterns during a SCOS97-NARSTO episode, Atmospheric Environment, 37(2), S73-S94.
- Grell, G. A., Dudhia, J., Stauffer, D. R., 1995, A Description of the Fifth-Generation Penn State/NCAR Mesoscale Model(MM5). NCAR/TN-398+STR, National Center for Atmospheric Research, Boulder, CO, 107.
- Kondo, H., Gambo, K., 1979, The effect of the mixing layer on the sea breeze circulation and the diffusion of pollutants associated with land-sea breezes, J. Meteorol. Soc. Japan, 57(6), 369-575.
- Lee, H. W., Choi, H. J., Lee, K. Y., Lee, S. H., Sung, K. H., 2006, The Effect of Using Detailed Land-use Conditions for the Photochemical Modeling of Seoul, Korea, JKM, 42(2), 57-73.
- Lee, H. W., Choi, H. J., Lee, S. H., Kim, Y. K., Jung, W. S., 2008, The impact of topography and urban building parameterization on the photochemical ozone concentration of Seoul, Korea, Atmospheric Environment, 42, 4232-4246. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosenv.2008.01.021
- Lee, S. H., 1998, Numerical studues on the impacts of topography and heterogeneous surface moisture estimated by satellite data on the local circulation, Ph.D. thesis, Univ. of Tsukuba.
- Lee, S. H., Kimura, F., 2001, Comparative studies in the local circulation induced by land-use and by topography, Bound. Layer Met, 101, 157-182. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1019219412907
- Mahrer, Y., Pielke, R. A., 1977, The effects of topography on sea and land breezes in a two-dimensional numerical model, Mon. Weath. Rev, 105, 1151-1162. https://doi.org/10.1175/1520-0493(1977)105<1151:TEOTOS>2.0.CO;2
- Mlawer, E. J., Taubman, S. J., Brown, P. D., Iacono, M. J., Clough, S. A., 1997, Radiative transfer for inhomogeneous atmosphere: RRTM, a validated correlated-k model for the longwave. J., Geophys. Res, 102(D14), 16663-16682. https://doi.org/10.1029/97JD00237
- Reisner, J., Rassmussen, R. J., Bruintjes, R. T., 1998, Explicit forecasting of supercooled liquid water in winter storms using the MM5 mesoscale model, Q. J. R., Meteorol. Soc., 124B, 1071-1107.
- Shafran, P., Seaman, N., Gayno, G., 2000, Evaluation of numerical predictions of boundary-layer structure during the lake Michigan ozone study, Journal of applied meteorology, 39, 412-426. https://doi.org/10.1175/1520-0450(2000)039<0412:EONPOB>2.0.CO;2
- Tong, H., Walton, A., Sang, J., Johnny, C. L., 2005, Numerical simulation of the urban boundary layer over the complex terrain of Hong Kong, J. Atmos. Envir., 39, 3549-3563. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosenv.2005.02.045