- Volume 19 Issue 6
Restraint to drying shrinkage is the most common cause of concrete cracking. In many applications, drying shrinkage cracks are inevitable. In this paper, the surface cracks of soil concrete caused by drying shrinkage were considered to become an one of concrete textures. So, laboratory shrinkage tests were conducted and the results were applied to the field applications. The study results were summarized as follows; First, the use of vinyl sheets and concrete polymers helped to control the concrete cracking. Second, crack propagation usually started at the interfaces of soil concrete slabs and the cracks grew to the inner slabs. Third, surface cracks of soil concrete slabs could be an one of good concrete textures
Soil concrete;Drying shrinkage;Concrete crack;Crack textures
- Hong, C. H., 2009, Physical properties of soil concrete using volcaniclastic and the application to roadway, Journal of the Environmental Sciences, 18(9), 993-1000. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2009.18.9.993
- Hong, C. H., Kim, M. H., Ryu, S. P., Choung, K. O., 2006, An experimental study on NOx degradation efficiency and physical characteristics of maximum size 40 mm porous concrete, Journal of the Environmental Sciences, 15(5), 431-438. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2006.15.5.431
- Hong, C. H., Kim, M. H., Yang, C. S., 2006, Development of environmentally favorable porous concrete and water purification characteristics by the pavement system, Journal of the Environmental Sciences, 15(11), 1045-1052. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2006.15.11.1045
- Jeju Stone Park, 2006, http://www.jejustonepark.com.
- Jeong, D. Y., Choi, K. R., Kim, M. H., Hong, C. H., 2007, An experimental study on development of eco-friendly color concrete using industrial waste red mud, Journal of the Environmental Sciences, 16(8), 929-939. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2007.16.8.929
- Ju, J. W., Park, J. B., Ju, J. Y., Lee, D. S., 2003, Production of soil mixed pavement using hydronium, KSCE Journal of Civil Engineering, 23(4), 213-219.
- Jung, H. S., Jang, C. H., An, B. J., Chun, B. S., 2009, A study on environmentally friendly soil pavement materials using weathered soil and inorganic binder, KGES Journal of Geo-environmental Engineering, 10(4), 25-31.
- Kang, C. S., Soung, J. K., Kim, S. H., Bae, W. T., Jun, M. H., 2007, An experimental study for the soil stabilizer using waste concrete sludge, KSWM Journal of Waste Management, 24(7), 621-628.
- Kim, W. K., Jo, Y. K., 2007, Strength properties of polymer-modified repair mortars according to curing conditions and repair methods, Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute, 19(4), 457-465. https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2007.19.4.457
- Stanworth, M., 2009, http://www.texturelovers.com.