- Volume 10 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Facial Expression Animation which Applies a Motion Data in the Vector based Caricature
벡터 기반 캐리커처에 모션 데이터를 적용한 얼굴 표정 애니메이션
- 김성호 (상지대학교 컴퓨터정보공학부)
- Received : 2010.02.25
- Accepted : 2010.05.04
- Published : 2010.05.28
This paper describes methodology which enables user in order to generate facial expression animation of caricature which applies a facial motion data in the vector based caricature. This method which sees was embodied with the plug-in of illustrator. And It is equipping the user interface of separate way. The data which is used in experiment attaches 28 small-sized markers in important muscular part of the actor face and captured the multiple many expression which is various with Facial Tracker. The caricature was produced in the bezier curve form which has a respectively control point from location of the important marker which attaches in the face of the actor when motion capturing to connection with motion data and the region which is identical. The facial motion data compares in the caricature and the spatial scale went through a motion calibration process too because of size. And with the user letting the control did possibly at any time. In order connecting the caricature and the markers also, we did possibly with the click the corresponding region of the caricature, after the user selects each name of the face region from the menu. Finally, this paper used a user interface of illustrator and in order for the caricature facial expression animation generation which applies a facial motion data in the vector based caricature to be possible.
Facial Motion Capture;Caricature;Facial Expression Animation;Illustrator;Plug-In
Supported by : 상지대학교
- S. E. Brennan, "Caricature Generator : The Dynamic Exaggeration of Faces by Computer,"Leonardo, Vol.18, No.3, pp.170-178, 1985. https://doi.org/10.2307/1578048
- S. E. Brennan, "Caricature Generator," M.Sc. Thesis, MIT, 1982.
- San Mateo, CA: Morgan Kaufman Publishers. Brennan, S. "The Caricature Generator,"Leonardo 18, pp.170-178, 1985. https://doi.org/10.2307/1578048
- S. M. Platt and N. I. Badler. "Animating facial expression," ACM SIGGRAPH Conference Proceedings, Vol.15, No.3, pp.245-252, 1981.
- P. Ekman, "Facial Expression and Emotion,"American Psychologist, Vol.48, pp.384-392, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.48.4.384
- A. Fridlund. "Human facial expression : An evolutionary view," Academic Press, New York, 1994.
- G. Faigin, "The Artist's Complete Guide to Facial Expression," Watson-Guptill, New York, 1990.
- Kiyoshi Arai, Tsuneya Kurihara and Ken-ichi Anjyo, "Bilinear interpolation for facial expression and metamorphosis in real-timeanimation," Visual Computer, Vol.12, No.3, 1996.
- M. Gleicher. "Retargeting motion to new characters," Proc. SIGGRAPH Computer Graphics, 1998(8).
- 이옥경, 박연출, 김성호, “얼굴 특징 정보 추출을 이용한 캐리커쳐 자동생성”, 정보과학회, 2001.
- 이은정, 권지용, 이인권, “규칙 기반 캐리커처 자동 생성 기법”, 한국컴퓨터그래픽스학회 추계학술대회, pp.47-52, 2006.
- 이은정, 권지용, 이인권, “캐리커쳐 비디오”, 한국 컴퓨터그래픽스학회, pp.65-66, 2007.
- 황지연, “캐리커처를 이용한 실시간 인터랙티브 애니메이션”, 중앙대학교 첨단영상대학원 석사학위논문, 2007.
- P. Y. Chiang, W. H. Liao, and T. Y. Li,"Automatic Caricature Generated by Analyzing Facial Features," ACCV ’'04 Proceeding, 2004.
- L. Liang, H. Chen, Y.-Q. Xu, and H.-Y. Shum,"Example based Caricature generation with exaggeration," In Proc. the 10th Pacific Conference on Computer Graphics and Applications, pp.386. IEEE Computer Society, 2002.