- Volume 10 Issue 4
Authoring tools for sketching the motion of characters to be animated have been studied. However the natural interface for sound editing has not been sufficiently studied. In this paper, I present a novel method that sound sample is selected by speaking sound-imitation words(onomatopoeia). Experiment with the method based on statistical models, which is generally used for pattern recognition, showed up to 97% in the accuracy of recognition. In addition, to address the difficulty of data collection for newly enrolled sound samples, the GLR Test based on only one sample of each sound-imitation word showed almost the same accuracy as the previous method.
Animation Authoring Tool;Sound Sketch;Audio User Interface;Human-Computer Interaction;Speech Interface;Onomatopoeia
- M. Thorne, D. Burke, and M. Panne, "Motion Doodles: An Interface for Sketching Character Motion," ACM Transactions on Graphics, Vol. 23, pp.424-431, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1145/1015706.1015740
- T. Nakano, M. Goto, J. Ogata, and Y. Hiraga, "Voice Drummer: A Music Notation Interface of Drum Sounds Using Voice Percussion Input," Proc. of ACM Symposium on User Interface Software and Technology (UIST), pp.49-50, 2005.
- Z. Wang and M. Panne, "Walk to here: A Voice Driven Animation System," Proc. of Eurographics/ ACM SIGGRAPH Symposium on Computer Animation, pp.16-20, 2006.
- O. Gillet and G. Richard, "Indexing and Querying Drum Loops Databases," Proc. of International workshop on Content Based on Multimedia and Indexing (CBMI'05), Riga, Latvia, 2005(6).
- K. Ishihara, Y. Tsubota, and H. G. Okuno, "Automatic Transformation of Environmental Sounds into Sound-Imitation Words Baed on Japanese Syllable Structure," Proc. of European Conference on Speech Communication and Technology, pp.3185-3188, 2003.
- K. Ishihara, T. Nakatani, T. Ogata, and H. G. Okuno, "Automatic Sound-Imitation Word Recognition from Environmental Sounds Focusing on Ambiguity Problem in Determining Phonemes," Lecture Note on Artificial Intelligence, Vol.3157, pp.909-918, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-28633-2_96
- T. C. Andringa and M. E. Niessen, "Real-world sound recognition: A recipe," Proc. of the 1st Workshop on Learning Semantics in Audio Signals(LSAS 2006), pp.106-118, 2006.
- R. Duda, D. Stork, and P. Hart, Pattern Classification, Wiley-Interscience Pub, 2/E, 2000.
- J. S. Baek, "A Generalized Likelihood Ratio Test in Outlier Detection," Korean Journal of Applied Statistics, Vol.4, pp.225-237, 1994.
- R. C. Davis, B. Colwell, and J. A. Landay, "K-sketch: a `kinetic' sketch pad for novice animators," Proc. of the twenty-sixth annual SIGCHI conference on Human factors in computing systems, pp.413-422, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1145/1357054.1357122
- M. Battermann, S. Heise, and J. Loviscach, "SonoSketch: Querying Sound Effect Databases through Painting," Proc. of 126th AES Convention, Paper Number 7794, 2009.
- Modified Mel Frequency Cepstral Coefficient for Korean Children's Speech Recognition vol.13, pp.3, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.03.001
Supported by : 세종대학교