- Volume 10 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Design of Interworking Control System between QoS Parameters and QoE Items to Control Multimedia Services Quality
멀티미디어 서비스 품질 제어를 위한 QoS 파라미터와 QoE 요소간의 연동 제어 시스템 설계
- Received : 2009.11.27
- Accepted : 2010.01.12
- Published : 2010.04.28
In this paper, we propose a quality interworking control system to enhance user's quality satisfaction in NGN environment by controling QoS parameters related with QoE in network layer when service user's QoE using variance multimedia service is poor. The proposed system gathers QoS parameter information in network layer through control packet such as RTCP, and evaluates QoE of multimedia service using these QoS parameter information. Comparing the evaluated QoE with the measured QoE in application layer, QCS judges quality degradation, deduces related QoS parameters and decides relative importance of each parameter when QoE is lower than threshold value. QCS generates QoS control values which is based on routing and switching policy in service quality control system(SCS) and forwards them to SCS. Through this proposed system, service and network providers can provide multimedia services of enhanced quality to service users taking account of service characteristic and network performance.
Multimedia Service;QoS;QoE;NGN;Interworking Control
- J. T. Song, M. Y. Chang, and S. S. Lee, "Overview of ITU-T NGN QoS Control," IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol.45, pp.116-123, 2007(9). https://doi.org/10.1109/MCOM.2007.4342866
- ITU-T Recommendation Y.2111, "Resource and Admission Control Functions in Next Generation Networks," 2008(11).
- ETSI ES 282.003 v1.1.1, "Resource and Admission Control Sub-system (RACS); Functional Architecture," 2003(3).
- ITU-T Recommendation Y.2012, Functional requirements and architecture of the NGN release 1," 2006(9).
- J. T. Song and S. S. Lee, "Comparison of NGN QoS control Models-distributed or centralized," IEICE APCC2008, pp.1-5, 2008(10).
- K. J. Kim, W. S. Shin, D. K. Min, H. J. Kim, J. S. Yoo, H. M. Lim, S. H. Lee, and Y. K. Jeong, "Analysis of key features in IPTV service quality model," IEEM2008, Vol.1, pp.595-598, 2008(12). https://doi.org/10.1109/IEEM.2008.4737938
- Stas Khirman and Perter Henriksen, "Relationship between QoS and QoE for Public Internet Service," PAM2002, 2002(3).
- L. Y. Liu, W. A. Zhou, J. D. Song, "The Research of Quality of Experience Evaluation Method in Pervasive Computing Environment," PCA2006, pp.178-182, 2006(8). https://doi.org/10.1109/SPCA.2006.297564
- Brekeke Software, Inc. "Brekeek SIP Server Version 2-Administrator's Guide," Jul. 2009.
- www.counterpath.com/assets/files/191/X-Lite _beta_4.0_User_Guide_R1.pdf
- H. Schulzrinne, S. Casner, R. Frederic, and V. Jacobson, "RTP: A Transport Protocol for Real-Time Appliations," IETF RFC3550, 2003(7).
- H. J. Kim, D. H. Lee, J. M. Lee, K. H. Lee, Won Lyu, and S. G. Choi, "The QoE Evaluation Method through the QoS-QoE Correlation Model," NCM2008, pp.719-725, 2008(9). https://doi.org/10.1109/NCM.2008.202
- ITU-T Recommendation Y.1541, "Network performance objectives for IP-based services," 2006(2).
Supported by : 한국연구재단