- Volume 10 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Energy-aware Routing Protocol using Multi-route Information in Wireless Ad-hoc Networks with Low Mobility
저이동성을 갖는 무선 애드혹 망에서 다중 경로 정보를 이용한 에너지 인지 라우팅 프로토콜
- 홍윤식 (인천대학교 정보기술대학 컴퓨터공학과)
- Received : 2010.02.18
- Accepted : 2010.03.31
- Published : 2010.04.28
We present a method for increasing network lifetime without link failure due to lack of battery capacity of nodes in wireless ad-hoc networks with low mobility. In general, a node with larger remaining battery capacity represents the one with lesser traffic load. Thus, a modified AODV routing protocol is proposed to determine a possible route by considering a remaining battery capacity of a node. Besides, the total energy consumption of all nodes increase rapidly due to the huge amount of control packets which should be flooded into the network. To reduce such control packets efficiently, a source node can store information about alternative routes to the destination node into its routing table. When a link failure happens, the source node should retrieve the route first with the largest amount of the total remaining battery capacity from its table entries before initiating the route rediscovery process. To do so, the possibility of generating unnecessary AODV control packets should be reduced. The method proposed in this paper increases the network lifetime by 40% at most compared with the legacy AODV and MMBCR.
Wireless Ad-hoc Network;AODV;Route Table;Remaining Battery Capacity;Network Lifetime
Supported by : 인천대학교
- F. Zhao and L. Guibas, Wireless Sensor Networks, Elsevier Inc., 2004.
- C. Siva Ram Murthy and B. S. Manoj, Ad-hoc Wireless Networks Architectures and Protocols, Prentice Hall PTR, 2004.
- A. Zhou and H. Hassanein, "Load-Balanced Wireless Ad hoc Routing," Proc. Canadian Conf. on Electrical and Computer Engineering, Vol.2, pp.1157-1161, 2001.
- C.-K. Toh, "Maximum Battery Life Routing to Support Ubiquitous Mobile Computing in Wireless Ad-hoc Networks," IEEE Communication Magazine, pp.26-37, 2001(6). https://doi.org/10.1109/35.925682
- X. Wu, G. Chen, and S. K. Das, "Avoiding energy holes in wireless sensor networks with nonuniform node distribution," IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Vol.19, No.5, pp.710-720, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPDS.2007.70770
- R. Shorey, A. Ananda, M..-C. Chan, and W.-T. Ooi, Mobile, Wireless, and Sensor Networks: Technology, Applications and Future Directions, Wiley-IEEE Press, 2006.
- S. Singh and C. S. Raghavendra, "PAMAS-Power Aware Multi-Access protocol with Signaling for Ad Hoc Networks," ACM Comm. Rev. 1998(7). https://doi.org/10.1145/293927.293928
- S. Singh, M. Woo, and C. S. Raghavendra, "Power-Aware Routing in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks," Proc. Mobicom, 1998(10). https://doi.org/10.1145/288235.288286
- S. Banerjee and A. Misra, "Minimum Energy Paths for Reliable Communication in Multi-hop Wireless Networks," Proc. MobiHoc Conf., 2002(6). https://doi.org/10.1145/513800.513818
- J. Gomez, A. Campbell, M. Naghshineh, and B. Bisdikian, "Conserving Transmission Power in Wireless ad-hoc Networks," Proc. Networking Protocols, 2001(11).
- 안상현, 임유진, 김경춘, "애드 혹 네트워크에서 부하 균등을 고려한 라우팅 프로토콜", 정보과학회 논문지, 제30권, 제2호, pp.252-259, 2003.
- 김현호, 김정희, 강용혁, 엄영익, "무선 ad-hoc 네트워크 환경에서 균형화된 에너지 소비를 위한 효율적인 라우팅 알고리즘", 한국통신학회 논문지, 제31권, 제11A호, pp.1120-1129, 2006.
- V. Ramasubramanian and D. l Mosse, "BRA: a bidirectional routing abstraction for asymmetric mobile ad hoc networks," IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (TON), Vol.16, Np.1, p.116-129, 2008(2). https://doi.org/10.1109/TNET.2007.912064
- T. Mukherjee, S. K. S. Gupta, and G. Arsamopoulos, "Energy optimization for proactive unicast route maintenance in MANETs under end-to-end reliability requirements," Performance Evaluation, Vol.66 No.3-5, pp.141-157, 2009(3). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.peva.2008.10.006