- Volume 10 Issue 4
In Augmented Reality, it needs restoration and tracking of a real-time scene structure for the augmented 3D model from input video or images. Most of the previous approaches construct accurate 3D models in advance and try to fit them in real-time. However, it is difficult to measure 3D model accurately and requires long pre-processing time to construct exact 3D model specifically. In this research, we suggest a real-time scene structure analysis method for the wide indoor mobile augmented reality, using only generic models without exact pre-constructed models. Our approach reduces cost and time by removing exact modeling process and demonstrates the method for restoration and tracking of the indoor repetitive scene structure such as corridors and stairways in different scales and details.
Augmented Reality;3D Scene Structure Analysis;SLAM
- G. Simon, A. W. Fitzgibbon, and A. Zisserman, "Markerless Tracking using Plnar Structures in the Scene," International Symposium on Augmented Reality, pp.120-128, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/ISAR.2000.880935
- L. Libuda and K. Kraiss, "Identification of Natural Landmarks for Vision Based Navigation," Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, 2000.
- R. Gerhard and T. W. Drummond, "Going Out: Robust Model-based Tracking for Outdoor Augmented Reality," IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/ISMAR.2006.297801
- I. C. Andrew, M. Eric, and C. Francois, "Robust Model-based Tracking for Robot Vision," IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, 2004 . https://doi.org/10.1109/IROS.2004.1389433
- C. Harris, Tracking with Rigid Objects, MIT Press, 1992.
- I. C. Andrew and P. Muriel, "Real-time Markerless Tracking for Augmented Reality: The Virtual Visual Servoing Framework," IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, Vol.12, issue.4, pp.615-628, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVCG.2006.78
- G. Simon, "Automatic Online Walls Detection for immediate Use in AR Tasks," IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/ISMAR.2006.297792
- A. P. Gee, C. Denis, M. Walterio, and C. Andrew, "Discovering Planes and Collapsing the State Space in Visual SLAM," British Machine Vision Conference, 2007.
- C. Denis, G. Andrew, C. Andrew, and M. C. Walterio, "Ninja on a Plane: Automatic Discovery on Physical Planes for Augmented Reality using Visual SLAM," IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/ISMAR.2007.4538840
- A. P. Gee and M. C. Walterio, "Real-Time Model-Based SLAM Using Line Segments," International Symposium on Visual Computing, 2006.
- G. Klein and D. Murray, "Parallel Tracking and Mapping for Small AR Workspaces," In ISMAR'07, Nara, Japan, 2007(11). https://doi.org/10.1109/ISMAR.2007.4538852
- R. O. Castle and D. W. Murray, "Object Recognition and Localization while Tracking and Mapping," Proceedings of the 8th IEEE/ACM International Syposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/ISMAR.2009.5336477
- G. Schall, H. Grabner, M. Grabner, P. Wohlhart, D. Schmlstieg, and H. Bischof, "3D Tracking in Unknown Environments Using On-Line Keypoint Learning for Mobile Augmented Reality," In Proceedings of IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp.285-288, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/CVPRW.2008.4563134
- H. P. William, P. F. Brian, A. T. Saul, and T. V. William, Numerical Recipes in C: The Art of Scientific Computing, Cambridge University Press, 1992.
- P. Bouthemy, "A Maximum Likelihood Framework for Determining Moving Edges," IEEE Trans. Pattern Analysis and Machine Inteligence, Vol.11, No.5, pp.499-511, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1109/34.24782
- N. Karlsson, E. D. Bernardo, J. Ostrowski, L. Goncalves, P. Pirjanian, and M. E. Munich, "The vSLAM Algorithm for Robust Localization and Mapping," Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, 2005.
- J. M. M. Montiel, J. Civera, and J. D. Andrew, "Unified Inverse Depth Parameterization for Monocular SLAM," Proceedings of Robotics: Science and Systems, 2006.
- J. D. Andrew, D. R. Ian, D. M. Nicholas, and S. Olivier, "MonoSLAM: Real-Time Single Camera SLAM," IEEE Transaction on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.29, issue.6, pp.1052-1067, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAMI.2007.1049
- R. Edward and T. Drummond, "Machine Learning for High-Speed Corner Detection," In European Conference on Computer Vision, Vol.1, pp.430-443, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1007/11744023_34
- D. G. Lowe, "Distinctive Image Features from Scale-Invariant Keypoints," International Journal of Computer Vision, Vol.60, pp.91-110, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1023/B:VISI.0000029664.99615.94