- Volume 10 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Real-time Orchestra Method using MIDI Files
MIDI파일을 이용한 실시간 합주 기법
- Received : 2009.12.08
- Accepted : 2010.03.02
- Published : 2010.04.28
Recently, Internet users have an interest about Social Media Service in Web2.0 environment. We suggest the orchestra service as social media service to meet user satisfactions in changed web environment. We accept a concept of the MMMD (Multiple Media Multiple Devices). In other words, Internet users listen to the music not only one device but multiple devices. Each one of multiple devices can play a sound source under earmark instruments for providing users with actual feeling like an orchestra. To meet the purpose, we define 3 steps. First, we separate the sound source based on instrument information. Second, we exact the suitable sound source for play orchestra. In final step, the sound source transmits to each suitable playing device. We named the 3 step for AET process. Beside we suggest synchronization method using rest point in the MIDI file for control sound sources. Using the AET process and synchronization method we provide the orchestra service for meet user's satisfactions to users.
Orchestra;Media Service;Social Media;MMMD
Supported by : 숙명여자대학교
- S. Abrams, D. V. Oppenheim, P. Don and J. Wright, "Higher-level Composition Control in Music Sketcher: Modifiers and Smart Harmony," ICMC Proceedings, 1999.
- K. A. Wai , "Seeds of Harmony: Edutainment Project on Music Creativity," Proceedings to the Asia-Pacific Educational Research Association International Conference, 2006.
- 김규년, 정의필, "전문 오케스트라와 버금가는 사이버 오케스트라 시스템 개발", 2000년 대학기초 사업 최종 연구개발결과보고서, 2001.
- ETRI, "실감재현 시스템(SMMD)을 기반으로 한 오케스트라 미디어 기술 개발", 2009.
- S. Schertenleib, M. Gutierrez, F. Vexo and D. Thalmann, "Conducting a Virtual Orchestra," IEEE Society, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/MMUL.2004.5
- J. K. Yun, H. R. Lee, and K. R. Park, "Multiple Devices Synchronization and Control Architecture for Orchestral Media Service System," IEEE, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICCE.2009.5012344
- J. K. Yun, H. R. Lee, and K. R. Park, "Orchestral Media: The Method for Synchronizing Single Media with Multiple Devices for Ubiquitous Home Media Services," International Conference on Convergence and Hybrid Information Technology, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICCIT.2008.241
- G. Ozcan, C. I. Han and A. Alpkocak, "Melody Extraction on MIDI Music Files," IEEE International Symposium on Multimedia, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/ISM.2005.77
- Y. Raimond, C. Sutton and M. Sandler, "Interlinking Music-related Data on the Web," IEEE Multimedia, Vol.6 No.2, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/MMUL.2009.29