- Volume 10 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Volume Mesh Parameterization for Topological Solid Sphere Models
구형 위상구조 모델에 대한 볼륨메쉬 파라메터화
- Received : 2010.03.25
- Accepted : 2010.04.13
- Published : 2010.04.28
Mesh parameterization is the process of finding one-to-one mapping between an input mesh and a parametric domain. It has been considered as a fundamental tool for digital geometric processing which is required to develop several applications of digital geometries. In this paper, we propose a novel 3D volume parameterization by means that a harmonic mapping is established between a 3D volume mesh and a unit solid cube. To do that, we firstly partition the boundary of the given 3D volume mesh into the six different rectangular patches whose adjacencies are topologically identical to those of a surface cube. Based on the partitioning result, we compute the boundary condition as a precondition for computing a volume mesh parameterization. Finally, the volume mesh parameterization with a low-distortion can be accomplished by performing a harmonic mapping, which minimizes the harmonic energy, with satisfying the boundary condition. Experimental results show that our method is efficient enough to compute 3D volume mesh parameterization for several models, each of whose topology is identical to a solid sphere.
Volume Mesh Parameterization;Topological Sphere Model;Harmonic Parameterization
Supported by : 한국연구재단, 국민대학교
- B. Levy, S. Petitjean, N. Ray, and J. Maillot, "Least Squares Conformal Maps for Automatic Texture Atlas Generation," Proc. ACM SIGGRAPH '02, pp.362-371, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1145/566570.566590
- M. S. Floater and K. Hormann, "Surface Parameterization: A Tutorial and Survey," Advances in Multiresolution for Geometric Modelling, pp.157-186, 2005.
- M. Desbrun, M. Meyer, and P. Alliez, "Intrinsic Parameterizations of Surface Meshes," Computer Graphics Forum (Proc. Eurographics '02), Vol.21, No.3, pp.209-218, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1111/1467-8659.00580
- X. Gu and S.-T. Yau, "Global Conformal Parameterization," Proc. Symp. Geometry Processing, pp.127-137, 2003.
- T. Martin, E. Cohen, and M. Kirby, "Volumetric Parameterization and Trivariate B-Spline Fitting using Harmonic Functions," Proc. ACM Symp. Solid and Physical Modeling, pp.269-280, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1145/1364901.1364938
- P. Schroder and W. Sweldens, "Digital Geometry Processing,"SIGGRAPH 2001 Course Notes, 2001.
- F. Labelle and J. R. Shewchuk, "Isosurface Stuffing: Fast Tetrahedral Meshes with Good Dihedral Angles," ACM Trans. Graphics, Vol.26, No.3, article Vo.57, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1145/1276377.1276448
- K. Takayama, M. Okabe, T. Ijiri, and T. Igarashi, "Lapped Solid Textures: Filling a Model with Anisotropic Textures," ACM Trans. Graphics, Vol.27, No.3, article No.53, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1145/1399504.1360652
- J. Tournois, C. Wormser, P. Alliez, and M. Desbrun, "Interleaving Delaunay Refinement and Optimization," ACM Trans. Graphics, Vol.28, No.3, article No.75, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1145/1531326.1531381
- M. Jin, J. Kim, F. Luo, and X. Gu, "Discrete Surface Ricci Flow," IEEE Trans. Visualization and Computer Graphics, Vol.14, No.5, pp.1030-1043, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVCG.2008.57
- X. Li, X. Guo, H. Wang, Y. He, X. Gu, and H. Qin, "Harmonic Volumetric Mapping for Solid Modeling Applications," Proc. ACM Symp. Solid and Physical Modeling, pp.109-120, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1145/1236246.1236263
- C. Gotsman, X. Gu, and A. Sheffer, "Fundamentals of Spherical Parameterization for 3D Meshes," ACM Trans. Graphics, Vol. 22, No.3, pp.358-363, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1145/882262.882276
- M. Reuter, F-E. Wolter, and N. Peinecke, "Laplace-Beltrami Spectra as "ShapeDNA" of Surfaces and Solids," Computer-Aided Design Vol.38, No.4, pp.342-366, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cad.2005.10.011