- Volume 10 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation using Cockroft-Walton Circuit and Half Bridge Resonant Inverter
코크로프트-월톤회로와 반파공진인버터를 적용한 경두개 자기자극장치
- Received : 2009.08.31
- Accepted : 2010.04.01
- Published : 2010.04.28
Though existent a transcranial magnetic stimulation makes various treatment and diagnostic sine waveform of fixed stimulation pulse, there is limitation. In this research, because strength, pulse width, pulse pattern required in treatment and diagnostic introduce other Cockroft-Walton circuit and half bridge inverter frequency and voltage variable become new device propose wish to. Have more advantages than existing device. First, do not have high voltage transformer. Second, switching loss can be less, and control output energy precisely. Three, stimulation strengths, pulse width, pulse pattern are various. As a result, sought special quality and an experiment that is improved applying inverter and cockroft - Walton circuit is half bridge inverter that do not use transformer.
Science Technology;Transcranial;Magnetic Stimulation;Cockcroft-Walton;Circuit
- M. S. George, Z. Nahas, and F. A. Kozel, Mechanisms and the current state of transcranial magnetic stimulation. CNS Spectrums ;8:496-514, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1017/S1092852900018976
- A. T. Barker, R. Jalinous, and I. L. Freeston, Non-invasive magnetic stimulation of the human motor cortex. Lancet;1:1106-1107, 1985.
- K. Migita, T. Uozumi, K. Arita, and S. Monden, Transcranial magnetic coil stimulation of motor cortex in patients with central pain. Neurosurgery ;36:1037-1039, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1227/00006123-199505000-00025
- J. D. Rollnik, S. Wustefeld, and J. Dauper, Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation for the treatment of chronic pain–-a pilot study. Eur Neurol;48:6-10, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1159/000064950
- W. Y. Kim and S. J. Park, International journal of maritime information and communication sciencs "development of pocket insertion style magnetic curer that apply 2loop 3pulsed variable magnet type probe for Uninary treatment," Vol.6, No.1, pp.73-79, 2008.
- W. Y. Kim, "Pulsed laser system of ultra-scan way for uterus rehalitation treatment," journal of the korea contents association, Vol.9, No.6, 2009.
- V. E. Amassian, R. Q. Cracco, P. J. Maccabee, and J. B. Cracco, "Cerebello-frontal cortical projections in humans studied with the magnetic coil," Electroencephalogr. Clin.Neurophysiol. , Vol.85, pp.265-272, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1016/0168-5597(92)90115-R
- K. H. Hsu, "Analysis of excitation characteristics of magnetic stimulation," Ph.D. dissertation, Dept. Biomed. Eng.,Case Western Reserve Univ.,Cleveland, OH, 2000.
- L. A. Geddes and J. D. Bourland, "Fundamentals of eddy-current(magnetic) stimulation," in Magnetic Stimulationin Clinical Neurophysiology, S. Chokroverty, Ed. Boston, MA : Butterworths, 1990.
- K. P. Esselle and M. A. Stuchly, "Neural stimulation with magnetic fields: Analysis of induced electric fields," IEEETrans. Biomed. Eng., Vol.39, pp.693-700, 1992(7). https://doi.org/10.1109/10.142644
- K. Shimoji, T. Kano, H. Higashi, T. Morioka, and E. O. Henschel, Evoked spinal electrogram recorded from epidural space in man. J Appl Physiol 1972;33:468.71.
- K. Shimoji, M. Matsuki, and H. Shimizu, Wave-form characteristics and spatial distribution of evoked spinal electrogram in man. J Neurosurg, ;46:304.13, 1977. https://doi.org/10.3171/jns.1977.46.3.0304
- L. Trahms, S. N. Erne´ , Z. Trontelji, G. Curio, and P. Aust, Biomagnetic functional
- A. T. Barker, R. Jalinous, and I. L. Freeston, "Non-invasive magnetic stimulation of human motor cortex [letter]," Lancet, Vol.1, pp.1106-1107, 1985.
- E. M. Wassermann, "Risk and safety of repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation: Report and suggested guidelines from the International Workshop on the Safety of Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation, June 5–7, 1996," Electroencephalogr. Clin. Neurophysiol., Vol.108, pp.1-16, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0168-5597(97)00096-8