- Volume 23 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Electrical Characteristics with Design Parameters in GaN Power Static Induction Transistor
GaN Power SIT의 설계변수에 따른 전기적 특성변화에 관한 연구
- Oh, Ju-Hyun (School of Electrical Engineering, Korea University) ;
- Yang, Sung-Min (School of Electrical Engineering, Korea University) ;
- Jung, Eun-Sik (School of Electrical Engineering, Korea University) ;
- Sung, Man-Young (School of Electrical Engineering, Korea University)
- Received : 2010.07.21
- Accepted : 2010.08.23
- Published : 2010.09.01
Gallium nitride (GaN), wide bandgap semiconductor, has attracted much attention because they are projected to have much better performance than silicon. In this paper, effects of design parameters change of GaN power static induction transistor (SIT) on the electrical characteristics (breakdown voltage, on resistance) were analyzed by computer simulation. According to the analyzed results, the optimization was performed to get power GaN SIT that has 600 V class breakdown voltage. As a result, we could get optimized 600 V class power GaN SIT that has higher breakdown voltage and lower On resistance with a thin (a several micro-meters) thickness of the channel layer.
Wide bandgap;GaN power device;Breakdown voltage
- E. G. Kang, B. J. Kim, and Y. H. Lee, J. KIEEME 23, 1 (2010).
- T. Uesugi and T. Kachi, CS MANTECH Conference (Florida, USA) 2009.
- J. S. Foresi and T. D. Moustakas, Appl. Phys. Lett. 62, 2859 (1993). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.109207
- S. M. Sze and K. K. Ng, Physics of semiconductor devices (John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ, 2007) p. 377, 586.
- E. Alptekina and O. Aktas, Solid-State Electron. 50, 741 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sse.2006.03.009
- M. S. Shur and R. F. Davis, GaN-Based Materials and Devices: Growth, Fabrication, Characterization and Performance (World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., Singapore, 2004) p. 7.
- M. Levinshtein, J. Kostamovaara, and S. Vainshtein, Breakdown Phenomena In Semiconductors and Semiconductor Devices (World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., Singapore, 2005) p. 33.
- B. Jayant Baliga, Power Semiconductor Devices (PWS Publishing Co., Boston, MA, 1996) p. 81.