- Volume 23 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A Proposal of the Evaluation Method of Toner Particle Type Display
토너입자형 디스플레이의 평가방법 제안
- Kim, Cheol-Woo (Department of Electronic Engineering, Chungwoon University) ;
- Kim, Young-Cho (Department of Electronic Engineering, Chungwoon University)
- Received : 2010.05.07
- Accepted : 2010.08.05
- Published : 2010.09.01
A measurement method of the particle-based reflective display is proposed, estimated, and compared with reported method. The reflectivity measurement by previous studies is simply obtained by integrating sphere, but it has a limitation for the estimation of real moving particles because its data include surface reflection and incomplete attachment on electrodes. To get the number of real moving particles, the area by attached particles on the electrodes is calculated at microscopic signals. The moving particles on subthreshold voltage are observed and this fluctuational variation of surface on subthreshold voltage gives a tip to understand the driving mechanism. By this measurement we ascertained the relationship of a particle layer and real driving particles, and the feasibility of observation and estimation for moving color particles, which were measured by the reflectivity and CIE (Commission Internationale de I'Eclairage) system of color specification at previous studies.
Toner particle type display;Putting ratio;Reflectivity;Area of toner particle;q/m
- H. W. Chun, P. S. Heo, and I. K. You, Electronics and Telecommunications Trends 23, 153 (2008).
- I.-H. Kim and Y.-C. Kim, J. KIEEME 22, 93 (2009).
- B.-H. Kim, S.-W. Park, and Y.-C. Kim, J. KIEEME 22, 86 (2009).
- R. C. Liang, J. Hou, H. M. Zang, and J. Chung, Proceedings of the 3rd International Display Manufacturing Conference (IDMC'03) (Taipei, Taiwan, 2003) Paper Fr-17-05, p. 1.
- R. Sakurai, S. Ohno, Y. Masuda, and R. Hattori, SID Symposium Digest Tech. Papers (San Francisco, USA, 2006) 37, p. 1922.
- T. Yamamoto, D. Takahashi, S. Nakamura, and T. Kitamura, Proc. 12 th Asia Display/Int. Disp. Workshops 2005 (IDW'05) 1, 899 (2005).
- D.-J. Lee and Y.-C. Kim, Journal of the KAIS, 8, 1376 (2007).
- Effect of Discharging Process on Electrical and Optical Properties in Charged Particle-type Reflective Electronic Display vol.15, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4313/TEEM.2014.15.6.333
- Analysis of Driving Characteristics by Putting Voltage of Charged Particle Type Display Device vol.25, pp.1, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4313/JKEM.2012.25.1.48