- Volume 23 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Development of Ring Light for Shadowless Shooting for Medical Purpose
의료용 무영 촬영을 위한 링라이트 개발
- Cheon, Min-Woo (Department of Electrical and Electronic Engneering, Dongshin University) ;
- Cho, Kyung-Jae (Fiber & Networking Co., LTD.) ;
- Park, Yong-Pil (Department of Electrical and Electronic Engneering, Dongshin University)
- Received : 2010.07.22
- Accepted : 2010.08.24
- Published : 2010.09.01
In this research a ring light was developed so that a partial shadowless shooting for the patient's affected area at the medical treatment room and surgical operation room using high luminance light emitting diode (LED) for which attention is being paid as new lighting parts for medical purpose. LED which was applied to the development used high luminance three color LED for full color for which various color materialization and the adjustment of radiation intensity are possible and we can get white light in order to emphasize the delicate expression for generic tone of shooting object, strong highlight, simple shadow and three dimensional effect at the time of close-up shadowless shooting of the affected area. And at the time of design of ring light, the characteristics of LED and the loss of light at the time of penetrating light diffusion PC were considered so that intensity of illumination for over 150 lx can be obtained. The result of measurement of the intensity of illumination of the ring light that was developed revealed that maximum intensity of illumination of 225.7 lx was obtained, while smoke index was measured to be maximum 78 Ra in the case of Red(50%) Green(100%) and Blue LED(60%). We could confirm that response speed was also very fast as 1.72 ms.
Ring-light;Light emitting diode;Astral view
- S. Nakamura and G. Fasol, The Blue Laser Diode GaN Based Light Emitters and Lasers (Springer, Berlin, 1997) p. 163.
- M. S. Shur, Solid-State Electron. 42, 2131 (1998). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0038-1101(98)00208-1
- D. K. Kim, I. S. Yoo, and C. B. Park, J. KIEEME 18, 945 (2005).
- S. J. Lee and J. C. Lee, Trans. Electr. Electron. Mater. 9, 110 (2008). https://doi.org/10.4313/TEEM.2008.9.3.110
- M. K. Gong and D. W. Kim, J. KIEEME 21, 73 (2008).
- D. A. Steigerwald, J. C. Bhat, D. Collins, R. M. Fletcher, M. O. Holcomb, M. J. Ludowise, P. S. Martin, and S. L. Rudaz, IEEE J. Sel. Top. Quantum. Electron. 8, 310 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1109/2944.999186
- J. A. Han and J. T. Kim, Kor. J. Opt. Soc. 18, 111 (2007).
- J. H. Mun, H. J. LEE, and G. T. Hong, Proc. 2009 Spring Conf. KSPE (KSPE, Jeju, Korea, 2009) p. 403.