- Volume 23 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Current Limiting Characteristics of Improved Flux-Lock Type SFCL According to Winding Direction of Coil 2 and Variable Number of Coil 1 and Coil 2
개선된 자속구속형의 2차 측 권선 방향과 1차 권선수와 2차 권선수의 변화에 따른 사고전류제한 특성
- Kim, Yong-Jin (Department of Electrical Engineering, Chonbuk National University) ;
- Du, Ho-Ik (Advanced Graduate Education Center of Jeonbuk for Electronics and Information Technology-BK21, Chonbuk National University) ;
- Lee, Dong-Hyeok (Department of Electrical Engineering, Chonbuk National University) ;
- Han, Byoung-Sung (Department of Electrical Engineering, Chonbuk National University)
- Received : 2010.07.06
- Accepted : 2010.08.20
- Published : 2010.09.01
The improved flux-lock type superconducting fault current limiter (SFCL) is composed of a series transformer and superconducting unit of the yttrium-barium-copper-oxide (YBCO) coated conductor. In this paper, we investigated current limiting characteristics through winding direction of coil 2 and variable number of coil 1 and coil 2 in improved flux-lock type SFCL. The better fault current characteristics and the burden of YBCO coated conductor can be confirmed from the experimental result in the higher turn ratio of coil 1 and coil 2 in the additive conditions. In case of subtractive condition, we can confirm a similar result in the same case of experimental conditions. but the burden of YBCO coated conductor has been increased from an increase in winding numbers of coil 2.
SFCL;YBCO coated conductor;Inductance ratio;Winding direction
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- J. H. Kim and K. W. Lee, Journal of Electrical World, 256, 19 (1998).
- J. Sim, H. R. Kim, K. B. Park, J. S. Kang, B. W. Lee, I. S. Oh, and O. B. Hyun, Superconductivity and Cryogenics 6, 50 (2004).
- H.-S. Choi, N.-Y. Lee, Y.-H. Han, T.-H. Sung, and B.-S. Han, IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond. 18, 737 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2008.920637
- H.-I. Du, M.-J. Kim, S.-G. Doo, Y.-J. Kim, and B.-S. Han, Trans. Electr. Electron. Mater. 10, 62 (2009). https://doi.org/10.4313/TEEM.2009.10.2.062