- Volume 59 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Magnetic Field Intensity and BER from Wayside Device to On-board Device about the Train Speed in ATP System
ATP 시스템에서 열차속도에 따른 지상자에서 차상자까지의 자계의 세기 및 비트오류율에 관한 연구
- 김민석 (서울과학기술대학교 철도전문대학원 철도전기신호공학과) ;
- 이상혁 (서울과학기술대학교 철도전문대학원 철도전기신호공학과) ;
- 이종우 (서울과학기술대학교 철도전문대학원 철도전기신호공학과)
- Received : 2010.08.06
- Accepted : 2010.09.13
- Published : 2010.10.01
Electric railway system consists of rolling stock, track, signal and catenary system. ATP system in railway signaling system is the important one grasping the position and velocity of a train. The wayside device of ATP system is installed between rails. Recently, the research about increasing train speed has been developed in total departments of the railroad systems. The study on the information transmission between on-board device and wayside device is required for increasing the train speed in the ATP system. When the train speed is increased as to same transmission distance, the problem on information transmission occurs because the transmission time is decreased. In case that the transmission distance is extended, the transmission time is decreased with respect to the train speed. Therefore, we have to define the standard magnetic field intensity as to the train speed in order to transmit correctly telegram. In this paper, the transmission distance for the telegram is suggested on the basis of the train speed. Also, the standard magnetic field intensity from the wayside device to on-board device is proposed by using transmission distance regarding the train speed in the ERTMS/ETCS system by using Matlab program. Also, BER according to the train speed is presented by calculating electric field intensity from the magnetic field intensity.
- Minseok Kim, Sanghyeok Lee, Jongwoo Lee, "A Study on Coupling coefficient Between Rail and Reinforcing Bars in Concrete Slab Track", Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, Vol. 12, No.3, pp. 405-411, 2009.
- Minseok Kim, Inmo Yoon, Junseog Ko, Jongwoo Lee, "The Influence of Frequency on Wayside device of ATP System upon Reinforcing Bars in Concrete Slab Track", Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, Vol.11, No.6, pp.536-542, 2008.
- UIC, "ERTMS Training Programme 2009: Handbook", pp.342-367, 2009.
- Alcatel, Alstom, Siemens, "ERTMS/ETCS-Class 1: System Requirements Specification Chapter 3 Principles", pp.77-89, 2002.
- Morten Lisborg Jorgensen, "Analysis and Enhancement of Safety-Critical Communication for Railway Systems", AALBORG University, pp.46-47, 2008.
- Alcatel, Alstom, Siemens, "ERTMS/ETCS-Class 1: Test Specification for Eurobalise FFFIS", pp.286-297, 2003.
- W. H. Hayt, "Engineering Circuit Analysis", MaGraw-Hill, Sixth Edition, pp.433-435, 2002.
- Minseok Kim, Jongwoo Lee, "A Study on the Distance Between Track Circuits Using Identical Frequency in Railway Track Circuit System", Journal of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, Vol.58 No.11, pp.2168-2174, 2009.
- Sadiku, "Elements of Electromagnetics", Oxford University, Second Edition, pp.354-359, 1995.
- Youbok Lee, "Antenna circuit design, AN710, application note, microID 13.56MHz-RFID system design guide", pp.65-71, 1999.
- Won Y. Yang, "Matlab/Simulink for Digital Communication", pp.180-184, 2009.
- Alcatel, Alstom, Siemens, "ERTMS/ETCS-Class 1: FFFIS for Eurobalise", pp.60-82, 2005.
- Korea Rail Network Authority, "A Study on Improving the Interface Performance in the Concrete Slab Tracks", pp.153-160, 2008.