- Volume 59 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Efficiency Optimization Control of IPMSM Drive using Multi AFLC
다중 AFLC를 이용한 IPMSM 드라이브의 효율 최적화 제어
- Received : 2010.06.07
- Accepted : 2010.07.28
- Published : 2010.09.01
Interior permanent magnet synchronous motor(IPMSM) adjustable speed drives offer significant advantages over induction motor drives in a wide variety of industrial applications such as high power density, high efficiency, improved dynamic performance and reliability. This paper proposes efficiency optimization control of IPMSM drive using adaptive fuzzy learning controller(AFLC). In order to optimize the efficiency the loss minimization algorithm is developed based on motor model and operating condition. The d-axis armature current is utilized to minimize the losses of the IPMSM in a closed loop vector control environment. The design of the current based on adaptive fuzzy control using model reference and the estimation of the speed based on neural network using ANN controller. The controllable electrical loss which consists of the copper loss and the iron loss can be minimized by the optimal control of the armature current. The minimization of loss is possible to realize efficiency optimization control for the proposed IPMSM. The optimal current can be decided according to the operating speed and the load conditions. This paper considers the design and implementation of novel technique of high performance speed control for IPMSM using AFLC. Also, this paper proposes speed control of IPMSM using AFLC1, current control of AFLC2 and AFLC3, and estimation of speed using ANN controller. The proposed control algorithm is applied to IPMSM drive system controlled AFLC, the operating characteristics controlled by efficiency optimization control are examined in detail.
- M. Lei, M. Sanada, S. Morimoto and Y. Takeda, "Advantages of IPMSM with adjustable PM armature flux linkage in efficiency improvement and operating range extension," Proceedings of the PCC Osaka 2002, vol. 1, pp. 136-141, 2002.
- B. Stumberger, G. Stumberger, M. Hadziselimovic, T. Marcic, P. Virtic, M. Trlep and V. Gorican, "Design and finite-element analysis of interior permanent magnet synchronous motor with flux barriers," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 44, no. 11, pp. 4389-4392, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2008.2002587
- Q. Liu, M. A. Jabbar and A. M. Khambadkone, "Design optimization of interior permanent magnet synchronous motors for wide- speed operation," IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics and Drive Systems, vol. 2, pp. 475-478, 2001.
- L. Xu, L. Ye, L. Zhen and A. El-Antably, "A new design concept of permanent magnet for flux weakening operation," IEEE Trans. IA, vol. 31, pp. 373-378, 1995.
- G. R. Slemon, "On the design of high performance surface-mounted PM motors," IEEE Trans. IA, vol. 30, pp. 134-140, 1994.
- S. Morimoto, Y. Tong, Y. Takeda and T. Hirasa, "Loss minimization control of permanent magnet synchronous motor drives," IEEE Trans. on IA, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 511-517, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1109/16.278503
- C. Mademlis, J. Xypteras and N. Margaris, "Loss minimization in surface permanent magnet synchronous motor drives," IEEE Trans. on IE, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 115-122, 2000.
- C. Mademlis and N. Margaris, "Loss minimization in vector-controlled interior permanent magnet synchronous motor drives," IEEE Trans. on IE, vol. 49, no. 6, pp. 1344-1347, 2002.
- C. Cavallaro, A. O. D. Tommaso, R. Miceli, A. Raciti, G. R. Galluzzo and M. Trapanese, "Efficiency enhancement of permanent-magnet synchronous motor drives by online loss minimization approaches," IEEE Trans. on IE, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 1153-1160, 2005.
- C. Cavallaro, A. O. D. Tommaso, R. Miceli, A. Raciti, G. R. Galluzzo and M. Trapanese, "Analysis a DSP implementation and experimental validation of a loss minimization algorithm applied to permanent magnet synchronous motor drives," IECON '03. The 29th Annual Conference of the IEEE, vol. 1, pp. 312-317, 2003.
- Sergaki, S. Eleftheria, Georgilakis, S. Pavlos, Kladas, G. Antonios, Stavrakakis and S. George, "Fuzzy logic based online electromagnetic loss minimization of permanent magnet synchronous motor drives," 18th International Conference on ICEM 2008, pp. 1-7, 2008.
- Y. Nakamura, T. Kudo, F. Ishibashi and S. Hibino, "High-efficiency drive due to power factor control of a permanent magnet synchronous motor," IEEE Trans., PE, vol. 10, pp. 247-253, 1995.
- R. S. Colby and D. W. Novotny, "Efficiency-optimizing permanent-magnet synchronous motor drive," IEEE Trans., IA, vol. 24, pp. 462-469, 1988.
- J. S. Ko, J. S. Choi, K. T. Park, B. S. Park and D. H. Chung, "Development of HBPI Controller for High Performance Control of IPMSM Drive", pp. 368-372, ICPE'07, 2007.
- J. S. Choi, J. S. Ko, J. H. Lee and D. H. Chung, "Speed control of IPMSM drive using neural network PI controller," CEE'06, pp. 102, 2006.
- J. S. Choi, J. S. Ko, J. H. Lee and D. H. Chung, "Maximum torque control of IPMSM drive with ALC-FNN controller," ICEE'06, pp. 101, 2006.
- J. S. Ko, J. S. Choi, J. H. Lee and D. H. Chung, "Maximum torque control of IPMSM drive with hybrid artificial intelligent controller," Proceeding of ICMATE'06, Session B1, pp. 177-182, 2006.
- H. G. Lee, S. M. Nam, J. S. Ko, J. S. Choi, J. C. Lee and D. H. Chung, "The speed control and estimation of IPMSM using adaptive FNN and ANN," ICCAS 2005, p. 134, 2005.