- Volume 15 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Message Filtering for Effective Push Service in BlazeDS
BlazeDS에서의 효과적인 Push 서비스를 위한 메시지 필터링
- Received : 2010.01.07
- Accepted : 2010.02.25
- Published : 2010.06.30
In general, an HTTP server sends information in response to requests from clients. Since it does not support active information delivery to clients, it can not efficiently provide the rapidly changing information to clients. Overcoming this shortcoming of the HTTP protocol, the technology known as server push enables the HTTP server to actively provide information to clients without explicit requests from clients. Adobe BlazeDS is a web server supporting the server push technology, helping users to develop web-based push applications. Unfortunately, since the BlaseDS server have no functions of filtering the information to be pushed according to various types of users, there are difficulties in developing push applications handling various situations in a efficient way. In this paper, to support effective development of push applications on BlazeDS we present the methods of adding a message filtering facility to BlazeDS and utilizing it. According to the filtering request of clients, the message filtering facility modifies information to be pushed, sending the modified information to the clients. The extended BlazeDS server with the message filtering facility provides environments to easily develop push services customized for various clients with their own situations.
- Shishir Gundavaram, "CGI Programming on the World Wide Web," 1st Edition, O'Reilly Media, 1996.
- "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Push_technology," Push Technology.
- Sachin Deshpande, Wenjun Zeng, "HTTP streaming of JPEG2000 images," in the Proceeding of ITCC'01, IEEE Comput. Soc, pp.15-19, 2001.
- " http://ajaxpatterns.org/HTTP_Streaming," HTTP Streaming.
- "www.adobe.com," Adobe Systems Incorporated.
- "http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/blazeds/BlazeDS," Adobe BlazeDS.
- 어세룡, "웹2.0을 위한 Ajax 플랫폼," 정보과학회지, 한국정보과학회, v.26 no.9, pp.47-57, 2008.
- "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajax," Ajax
- "http://www.ape-project.org/," APE
- Cui Bin, "Realization of EPOLL-based Linux Online Games Server," CONTROL AND AUTOMATION, Weijisuanji Xinxi Zazhishe, v.172, pp.64-66, 2006
- Dave Crane, Phil McCarthy, "Comet and Reverse Ajax: The Next-Generation Ajax 2.0," 1st Edition, Apress, 2008
- "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comet_(progra mming)," Comet Programming
- "http://www.pushlets.com/," Pushlet
- 박찬, 유관희, "차세대 웹을 위한 RIA(Rich Internet Application) 기술의 현황 및 전망," 한국콘첸츠학회지, 한국콘텐츠학회, v.6 no.4, pp.10-14, 2008
- "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Internet_application," Rich Internet Application
- "http://www.adobeflex.co.kr/aboutflex/down/2.pdf," Adobe Flex 2
- "http://www.adobe.com/products/air/," Adobe AIR
- "http://www.adobe.com/products/livecycle/," Adobe Lifecyle Data Service
- "Action Message Format -- AMF3," Adobe Systems Inc.