- Volume 19 Issue 8
How would environmental education be implemented for effectiveness today? Deep reflection on the way of teaching environment in classes to achieve effectiveness is required. If there exist differences in students' environmental perception depending on environment class pattern, its most effective way should be looked for. In environmental education, inducing the students to have advisable attitude voluntary about environment is more important than teaching them environmental knowledge. From such view, students' active participation is necessary for successful environmental classes. Students need to be set to share their principle, values, attitude about environment problems at environmental class through presentation which is important factor to make them have advisable environmental attitude. Therefore, environmental class need to be carried out student-led way. For that, a class model need to be designed which will be helpful for the students to arrange and elaborate their emitting thought about environment problems through disclosing their thoughts to share them with fellow students which will end up in their advisable environmental attitude. This study aimed to find out the effectiveness of environmental collage making class contributive to offering various environmental perception to students and grasping others' thinking about environment. Fifty-eight 10th graders at U Science High School in Ulsan metropolitan city were selected for the study that carried out from 2010 April to June by choosing total 10 environmental themes divided into environmental collage making class applied to the 30 test group students, and general environmental class applied to 28 control group students. Following are the study results. First, in students' environmental sensitivity, the students in the environmental collage making class appeared to be higher compared with them in general environmental class. Second, in students' intentional environment action, the students in the environmental collage making class appeared to be higher compared with them in general environmental class. Third, in students' satisfaction with environmental class, the students in the environmental collage making class appeared to be higher compared with them in general environmental class.
Environmental collage;Gifted students;Environmental perception
- 조명희, 2009, 회화의 표현특성을 응용한 조명판매 공간계획 : 큐비즘 회화의 콜라주 기법을 활용하여, 석사학위논문, 홍익대학교.
- 김경순, 2001, 충북지역 중․고등학생들의 환경에 대한 감수성 및 태도와 환경친화적 행동의 관련성, 석사학위논문, 충북대학교.
- 김순식, 최성봉, 2010, 자연탐사활동이 과학고 학생들의 환경인식에 미치는 효과, 한국환경과학회, 19(3), 343-351. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2010.19.3.343
- 김용철, 2002, 웹 기반 소집단 협력학습의 집단 유형과 메타인지 수준이 과학과 학업성취도 및 학습태도에 미치는 효과. 석사학위 논문, 부산대학교 .
- 김이선, 2009, 콜라주를 응용한 시각 디자인 수업 연구 : 전문계 고등학교 교육과정을 중심으로, 석사학위논문, 홍익대학교.
- 박영지, 2005, 과학 개념의 시각화를 위한 그림 그리기 수업의 효과, 석사학위 논문, 이화여자대학교.
- 박정림, 2007, 일상에 대한 표현연구 - 수묵 콜라주를 통한 의사적묵(擬似積墨)표현, 석사학위논문, 홍익대학교.
- 정경욱, 1997, 팝 아트의 대중적 상표 이미지를 응용한 의상 디자인 연구-콜라주기법을 중심으로, 석사학위논문, 이화여자대학교.
- Beilfuss, M., 2004, Exploring conceptual understandings of ground-water through student's interviews and drawing. Paper presented at the National Association for Research in Science Teaching Annual Conference, Vancouver , British Columbia, 146.
- Paivio, A., 1986, Mental representations: A dual coding approach, New York: Oxford university press, 322.