- Volume 19 Issue 7
This paper aims to find out the statistical characteristics of the weather related railroad accidents and incidents. Data from Korea Railroad Operation Information System(KROIS) and Korea Railroad Accidents reports during 1996-2008 were used to investigate the occurrence frequency of railroad accidents and operation obstacles and their association with weather phenomena. The results are as follows; The occurrence frequency of railroad accidents and operation obstacles decrease gradually, and most of railroad accidents is a railroad traffic accidents. The amount of damages by a railroad weather-related accidents is higher than those of the railroad accidents and operation obstacles. It was also found that weather events influencing the railroad weather-related accidents and incidents are rainfall, snowfall, lightning, winds. And they caused a railroad weather-related accidents and incidents, such as railway obstruction, signal failure, and power supply failure. Therefore we need research about threshold review and a quantitative and qualitative analysis of a railroad weather-related accidents and incidents according to climate change.
Ailroad accidents;Operation obstacles;A railroad weather-related accidents and incidents;Railway obstruction;Signal failure;Rainfall;Wind;Climate change
- 박종길, 김병수, 정우식, 김은별, 이대근, 2006, 한반도에 영향을 주는 태풍의 통계적 특성 변화, 한국기상학회 대기지, 16(1), 1-17.
- 박종길, 정우식, 최효진, 2007, 자연재해 평가를 위한 방재기상 DB정보, 한국방재학회논문집, 7(3), 41-49.
- 신민호, 김현기, 김정기, 2003, 고속철도의 안전운행을 위한 강우시 열차운전규제기준의 제안, 한국철도학회지, 6(1), 14-18.
- 이재수, 2010, 철도에서 발생하는 사고와 기상현상과의 관련성, 석사학위논문, 인제대학교.
- 철도청, 1999. 한국철도 100년사, 철도청.
- 한국철도공사, 2009, 2008년 철도사고분석보고서, 한국철도공사.
- Changnon, S. A., 2006, Railroads and Weather, American Meteorological Society, Boston, Massachusetts, 124.
- IPCC, 2007, Climate Change 2007 : The Physical Science Basis, Summary for Policymakers, Contribution of Working Group I to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, United Kingdom and New York, NY, USA., 1-21.
- Rossetti, M.A., 2009, Analysis of weather events on U.S Railroads, Proceedings of 89th International American Meteorological Society, 4A.2.
- 1. Case Analysis and Statistical Characteristics of a Railroad Weather-Related Accidents and Incidents each Railroad Line in the Korean Peninsula vol.14, pp.1, 2011, doi:10.5322/JES.2010.19.7.917
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 한국연구재단