- Volume 10 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Design and Implementation of Video Streaming Service Quality Control System through Available Bandwidth Management
가용대역폭 관리를 통한 영상 스트리밍 서비스 품질 제어 시스템 설계 및 구현
- Received : 2010.08.23
- Accepted : 2010.09.14
- Published : 2010.09.28
In this paper, we propose video quality control system(VQCS) which can control video service quality through the monitoring of end-to-end available bandwidth for video streaming service like IPTV in NGN convergence network. Various multimedia services such as video, voice and gaming service can be provided by IPTV, and these services require large amounts of bandwidth. At this time, video quality degradation like video jerkiness, block distortion and blurring is caused when network available bandwidth is insufficient. Available bandwidth monitoring method is need to stably control video streaming quality. So, we periodically calculate the amount of the packets in link and measure available bandwidth by using total length field in IP header at terminal. Scalability extractor in network selects suitable video streaming data rate based on available bandwidth and transports video streaming with adaptive data rate to prevent video quality deterioration.
IPTV;QoS;Available Bandwidth;Video Quality;Quality Control
Supported by : 정보통신산업진흥원
- H. J. Kim, S. G. Choi, Y. R. Lee, S. M. Kang, and B. I. Choi, "An available bandwidth measurement method using IP header for BcN," ITC-CSCC 2007, 2007(7).
- 김현종, 윤동근, 최성곤, “멀티미디어 서비스 품질 제어를 위한 QoS 파라미터와 QoE 요소간의 연동 제어 시스템 설계,” 한국콘텐츠학회논문지 제10권, 제4호, pp.45-54, 2010(4). https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2010.10.4.045
- K. J. Kim, W. W. Shin, D. K. Min, H. J. Kim, J. S. Yoo, H. M. Lim, S. H. Lee, and Y. K. Jeong, "Analysis of key features in IPTV service quaolity model," IEEM2008, Vol.1, pp.595-598, 2008(12). https://doi.org/10.1109/IEEM.2008.4737938
- V. Jacobson, "RTP: A Transport Protocol for Real-Time Appliations," IETF RFC3550, 2003(7).
- N. Hu, and P. Steenkiste, "Evaluation and characterization of available bandwidth Probing Techniques," IEEE journal on Selected Areas in Communications, Vol.21, No.6, pp.879-894, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSAC.2003.814505
- B. Melander, M. Bjorkman, and P. Gunningberg, "A New End-to-End Probing and Analysis Method for Estimating Bandwidth Bottlenecks," IEEE Global Internet Symposium, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/GLOCOM.2000.892039
- V. Ribeiro, R. Riedi, R. R. Baraniuk, J. Navratil, and L. Cottrell, "pathChirp: Efficient Available Bandwidth Estimation for Network Paths," passive and Active Measurements(PAM) workshop, 2003.
- M. Jain and C. Dovrolis, "End-to-End available bandwidth: measurement methodology, dynamics, and relation with TCP throughput," ACM SIGCOMM, pp.295-308, 2002.
- 이동수, 배태면, 노용만, “스케일러블 비디오 코딩에서의 실시간 스케일러빌러티 변환,” 전자공학회 논문지, 제43권, CI편, 제6호, pp.60-70, 2006(11).