- Volume 10 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Secure Distributed Data Management Architecture for Consumer Protection of Smart Grid
스마트 그리드의 소비자 보호를 위한 안전한 분산 데이터 관리 구조
- Received : 2010.04.20
- Accepted : 2010.06.14
- Published : 2010.09.28
Smart grid technology can expand energy efficiency into the home by monitoring consumer energy usage in real time and communicating with household devices that respond to demands to shut off during periods of non-use, allowing individual consumers to control their electricity usage more effectively. But, the information collected on a smart grid will form a library of personal information, the mishandling of which could be highly invasive of consumer privacy. There will be major concerns if consumer-focused principles of transparency and control are not treated as essential design principles from beginning to end. In this paper, using. All-Or-Nothing Transform encryption mode for providing smart grid security, we propose efficient distributed data Management based on XOR operation. The contribution of this paper is to provide a secure algorithm that manages efficiently distributed data in the field of private data in smart grid environment.
Smart Grid;Smart Grid Security;Privacy Protection;Secret Sharing;Vulnerability
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- U. S. Department of Commerce, "NIST Framework and Roadmap for Smart Grid Interoperability Standards Release 1.0 (Draft)," pp.83-84, 2009(9).
- P. McDaniel, S. McLaughlin, "Security and Privacy Challenges in the Smart Grid," IEEE Security and Privacy, Vol.7, No.3, pp.75-77, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/MSP.2009.138
- C. Wolf and W. Maxwell, "Smart Grids And Privacy," Communications & Strategies, No.76, pp.127-130, 2009.
- A. Cavoukian, J. Polonetsky, and C. Wolf, "SmartPrivacy for the Smart Grid: Embedding Privacy in the Design of Electricity Conservation," The Future of Privacy Forum, 2009(11).
- A. Shamir, "How to Share a Secret," Communication of the ACM, Vol.22, No.11. pp.612-613, 1979. https://doi.org/10.1145/359168.359176
- R. L. Rivest, "All-or-nothing encryption and the package transform," Fast Software Encryption FSE '97, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol.1267, pp.210-218, 1997.
- D. R. Stinson, "Something about all or nothing (transform)," Designs, Codes and Cryptography, Vol.22, pp.133-138, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1008304703074
- H. Kuwakado and H. Tanaka, "Strongly non-separable encryption mode for throwing a media away," Technical Report of IEICE, Vol.103, No.417, pp.15-18, 2003.
- V. Boyko, "On the security properties of OAEP as an all-or-nothing transform," Advances in Cryptology - CRYPTO ’99, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol.1666. pp.503-518, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1007/3-540-48405-1_32
- Office of Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability, "A System view of the modern Grid," NETL, 2007.
- U. S. Department of Commerce, "(Draft) NISTIR 7628, Smart Grid Cyber Security Strategy and Requirements," September 2009.
- M. Bellare, P. Rogaway, "Optimal asymmetric encryption," Lecture Notes in Computer Science Advanced in Cryptology EUROCRYPT ’94, Vol.950, pp.92-111, 1994.
- M. Tada, Y. Fujii, N. Hosaka, K. Tochikubo, and T. Kato, "A secret sharing scheme with0 threshold 3," Proc. CSS2005, pp.637-642, 2005.
- Y. Fujii, M. Tada, N. Hosaka, K. Tochikubo, and T. Kato, "A fast (2, n)-threshold scheme and its application," Proc. CSS2005, pp.631-636, 2005.
- J. Kurihara, S. Kiyomoto, K. Fukushima, and T. Tanaka, "A fast (3, n)-threshold secret sharing scheme using exclusive-or operations," IEICE Trans. Fundamentals, vol.E91-A, No.1.pp.127-138, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1093/ietfec/e91-a.1.127
- J. Kurihara, S. Kiyomoto, K. Fukushima, and T. TanakavA, "New (k, n)-Threshold Secret Sharing Scheme and Its Extension," 11th Information Security Conference ISC '08, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-85886-7_31
- F. Chang, J. Dean, S. Ghemawat, W. Hsieh, D. Wallach, M. Burrows, T. Chandra, A. Fikes, and R. Gruber, "Bigtable: A Distributed Storage System for Structured Data," In Proc. of the 7th OSDI, 2006.
- 桑門秀典，神戸大学, "暗号システムの安全性を向上させる暗号化モードに関する研究(継続)", 電気 通信普及財団, 研究調査報告，No.19，pp.236，2004.
- 石津晴崇, 荻原利彦, "電子データの長期保管に関する一考察", 電子情報通信学会2004年総合大会講 演論文集, D-9-10, 2004.
- 이일우, 한동원, “IT기반의 스마트 그리드 기술”, 한국정보기술학회지, 제7권, 제1호, pp.25-30, 2009.
- 박찬국, “전력인프라 사이버보안 이슈와 정책 대응”, 주간기술동향, 제1398호, pp.1-10, 2009.
- 김형준, "Neptune : 대용량 분산 데이터 관리 시스템,” NHN, 2008.
- 박남제, “안전한 모바일 RFID리더를 위한 개방형임베디드 소프트웨어 플랫폼 구현방안”, 한국통신학회논문지, 제35권, 제5호, pp.785-793, 2010.
- Electronic identity information hiding methods using a secret sharing scheme in multimedia-centric internet of things environment pp.1617-4917, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00779-017-1017-1