- Volume 10 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Meta-heuristic Method for the Single Source Capacitated Facility Location Problem
물류 센터 위치 선정 및 대리점 할당 모형에 대한 휴리스틱 해법
- Received : 2010.07.06
- Accepted : 2010.09.08
- Published : 2010.09.28
The facility location problem is one of the traditional optimization problems. In this paper, we deal with the single source capacitated facility location problem (SSCFLP) and it is known as an NP-hard problem. Thus, it seems to be natural to use a heuristic approach such as evolutionary algorithms for solving the SSCFLP. This paper introduces a new efficient evolutionary algorithm for the SSCFLP. The proposed algorithm is devised by incorporating a general adaptive link adjustment evolutionary algorithm and three heuristic local search methods. Finally we compare the proposed algorithm with the previous algorithms and show the proposed algorithm finds optimum solutions at almost all middle size test instances and very stable solutions at larger size test instances.
Single Source Capacitated Location Problem;Evolutionary Algorithm;Heuristic Local Search Algorithm
- M. Daskin, Network and discrete location models, algorithms and applications, Wiley, New York, 1995.
- M. L Balinski, “Integer Programming: Methods, uses, computations,” Management Science, Vol.12, pp.253-313, 1965. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.12.3.253
- J. E. Beasley, “Lagrangian heuristic for location problem,” European Journal of Operational Research, Vol.65, pp.383-399, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1016/0377-2217(93)90118-7
- M. J. Cortinhal and M. E. Captivo, “Upper and lower bounds for the single source capacitated location problem,” European Journal of Operational Research, Vol.151, pp.333-351, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0377-2217(02)00829-9
- M. J. Cortinhal and M. E. Captivo, “Genetic algorithms for the single source capacitated location problem,” In M.G.C. Resende and J.P. de Sousa, editors, Metaheuristics: Computer Decision-Making, pp.187-216. Kluwer, Boston, 2004.
- K. Holmberg, M. Ronnqvist, and D. Yuan, “An exact algorithm for the capacitated facility location problems with single sourcing,” European Journal of Operational Research, Vol.113, pp.544-559, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0377-2217(98)00008-3
- B. A. Julstrom, “An evolutionary algorithm for some cases of the single-source constrained plant location problem,” Proceedings of the 2008 Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference, pp.607-608, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1145/1389095.1389215
- J. G. Klincewicz and H. Luss, “A Lagrangian relaxation heuristic for capacitated facility location with single source constraints,” Journal of the Operational Research Society, Vol.37, pp.495-500, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1057/jors.1986.84
- S. M. Soak and B. H. Ahn, “A new tree representation for evolutionary algorithms,” Journal of the Korean Institute of Industrial Engineers, Vol.31, No.1, pp.10-19, 2005.
- S. M. Soak, “'Adaptive Link Adjustment' Applied to The Fixed Charge Transportation Problem,” IEICE Transactions on Fundamentals of Electronics, Communications and Computer Sciences, Vol.E90-A, No.12, pp.2863-2876, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1093/ietfec/e90-a.12.2863