- Volume 10 Issue 9
With the help of digital technology, contents production process has become flexible and transmedia situation has been in the rise. Transmedia contents is a new type of contents being based on the various media platform and establishes a consistent story world. They are newly appeared mode of contents in the age of digital convergence. Users reading and watching the several versions of story in the transmedia contents can create a comprehensive contents experience and deepen it. Developing their own aesthetics and meaning of media text, transmedia contents is changing the textuality of digital contents, contents production process and contents using behaviors and contexts.
Transmedia Contents;Digital Textuality;Digital Convergence;Bricolage
- E. Evans, "Character, Audience Agency and Trans-media Drama," Media, Culture and Society, Vol.30, No.1. pp.197-213, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1177/0163443707086861
- 서정신(역), 뉴미디어의 언어, 생각의나무, 2004.
- H. Jenkins, Convergence Culture: Where Old Media and New Media Collide. New York & London: New York Univ. Press, 2006.
- C. A. Scolari, "Transmedia Storytelling: Implicit Consumers, Narrative Worlds, and Branding in Contemporary Media Production," International Journal of Communication Vol.3. pp.586-606, 2009.
- T. Murray, Digital Baroque. Minneapolis & London: Univ. of Minnesota Press, 2008.
- M. Deuze, "Participation, Remediation, Bricolage: Considering Principal Components of a Digital Culture," The Information Society, Vol.22, pp.63-75, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1080/01972240600567170
- J. Hartley, Communication, Cultural and Media Studies: The Key Concepts. London: Routledge, 2002.
- S. Dinehart, "Transmedial play: Cognitive and Cross-Platform Narrative," 2008, http://narrativedesign.org/2008/05/transmedialplay-cognitive-and-cross-platform-narrative/
- J. Burgess, "Hearing Ordinary Voices: Cultural Studies, Vernacular Creativity and Digital Storytelling," Continuum: Journal of Media and Cultural Studies Vol.20, No.2. pp.201-214, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1080/10304310600641737
- C. Dena, "The Future of Digital Media Culture is All in Your Head: An Argument for Integration Cultures," Leonardo Electronic Almanac Vol.6, No.2. pp.1-10, 2008.
- J. Hartley, K. McWilliam, J. E. Burgess, and J. A. Banks, "The Uses of Multimedia: Three Digital Literacy Case Studies," Media International Australia Vol.128, pp.59-72, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1177/1329878X0812800108
- H. Jenkins and M. Deuze, "Editorial. Convergence culture. Convergence," The International Journal of Research into New Media Technologies, Vol.14, No.1, pp.5-12, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1177/1354856507084415